MF50 hydraulic pump drive

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
bangertrack

MF50 hydraulic pump drive

Post #1 by bangertrack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi all,

Just started to replace the fan belt on my MF50 today. Got as far as removing the hydraulic pump when I noticed that the female splines in the shaft are very heavily worn - I will have to replace the shaft soon. My question is - should the shaft pull out of the block that is mounted on the crankshaft pulley? I guess it must because otherwise the axle etc will have to be removed to change the shaft??? Has anyone got a replacement shaft for sale?

In summary - if I wanted to just change the fan belt, I could take out the pump drive bolts in the front pulley and move the adaptor block far enough forward to slip the fan belt onto the crank pulley BUT to change the pump shaft - does the shaft slide out of the front pulley adaptor block? I have tried pulling it with mole grips, but unable to get a good grip.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Will

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: MF50 hydraulic pump drive

Post #2 by jcb4cx » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm

i know on the massey 40,s the shaft was screwed in to the front pully /crackshaft and i am sure its left hand thread

hope this helps
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
bangertrack

Post #3 by bangertrack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Thankyou for the information - I will have a go at it tomorrow.
Will

Topic author
bangertrack

Post #4 by bangertrack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 am

Graham - thnks again for the info - shaft successfully removed and I confirm it is a left hand thread. Had to weld a bit of hex bar in the nose of the shaft to get a big knuckle bar on it to loosen it.

Will update with the repair of the splines.

Will

Topic author
bangertrack

Post #5 by bangertrack » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:44 am

Splines now repaired - sourced a 'splined sleeve' from Flowfit (www.flowfitonline.com) - part no 01-10401 desciption 16/32" DP 13 teeth cost £12ish delivered. Machined the old sleeve off then welded a few blobs on the shaft which I machined down to the new sleeve diameter (the new sleeve was slightly larger internal diameter than the shaft) - so the sleeve is centralised. Then brazed on the new sleeve. All rebuilt and works fine.

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 am

bangertrack wrote:Splines now repaired - sourced a 'splined sleeve' from Flowfit (www.flowfitonline.com) - part no 01-10401 desciption 16/32" DP 13 teeth cost £12ish delivered. Machined the old sleeve off then welded a few blobs on the shaft which I machined down to the new sleeve diameter (the new sleeve was slightly larger internal diameter than the shaft) - so the sleeve is centralised. Then brazed on the new sleeve. All rebuilt and works fine.

That info could be stored somewhere on here for future use by MF users. Highlights the value of a site like this.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”