3cx Kingpost

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Norseman

3cx Kingpost

Post #1 by Norseman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi all,
A bit of info needed. I have a 1988 3Cx Grey Cab. On the flange at the bottom of the Kingpost, beside the oil/water drain plug, there is a second hole, it looks as if something has sheared off here, it's weeping a bit of gear oil. l I was wondering, is this an automatic water drain. I've looked at the parts diagrams in the JCB main dealer, and they don't seem to show anything. Was this a modification done by some clever chap at some stage of this machines life, or is it a factory fit that just didn't show up on the dealers parts data :?:
Thanks

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 3cx Kingpost

Post #2 by philwheelton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Is this in the plate under the king post? if you could take a photo i might be able to help.
Phil.

Topic author
Norseman

Post #3 by Norseman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Phil,
Yes, it's the thick plate under the kingpost, it has the drain plug for the slew gearbox. I'll see if I can take a photo.
Thanks.

philwheelton
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by philwheelton » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm

If i remember right the drain plug is in the middle of the plate,there should not be another hole in it, It is ment to hold oil in what ever you do don't undo the plate with out supporting the plate as the pin that goes through the gear and kingpost will fall out it is very heavy.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”