Hydraulic leak in JCB 3C mk II

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

spud22

Re: Hydraulic leak in JCB 3C mk II

Post #21 by spud22 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Hi, I can't seem to find this I cound do with cleaning it as my steerings a bit tight - you say it's in front of the rad? I've got 1975 JCB 3CII. Any help please?

Robertt wrote:As requested I have attached a photo of the offending bit,
I suspect Phil is right, as when i took one of the ram covers off I got a bucket full of mainly hydraulic oil
Also Tully - Thanks it has been steering erratically,sometimes easy sometimes stiff (or maybe I forgot the weetabix), sounds like a dirty filter so will try that.
To say its nearly 40 years old it has performed brilliantly, apart from the above, I bought it to dig a 60 x 40 foot hole upto 7 feet deep at one end for a big shed,after I was quoted 5k, so saved money and had a great time, Now, if I can just get the last 10% dug, I can get the sehd built, then Have somewhere dry to work on it properly

svkenn

Post #22 by svkenn » Sun May 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Mark you where spot on with the hydraulic filter total collapse the paper had all collected in the stainer. new filter new hydraulic oil cleaned out strainer. but still the same. engine has to be on full revs for back hoe and front loader to work. could the valve block need cleaning. any idears thanks Ken...

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #23 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Check the feed pipe at your hydraulic pump has it lost its shape? A perished feed pipe can disintegrate and rubber can get sucked into the pump.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

svkenn

Post #24 by svkenn » Tue May 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks william will try that. There is a lot of oil in the feed pipe but when I opnened the supply pipe other side of pump very little came out . Next will have a look in pump. Cheers ken

Landcruiser
Flag: Great Britain

Post #25 by Landcruiser » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi there, looking to know if any of you know how to refit the slew pots on mark3 after fitting New seals,???

Jeremy Rowland

Post #26 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 am

svkenn wrote:Thanks william will try that. There is a lot of oil in the feed pipe but when I opnened the supply pipe other side of pump very little came out . Next will have a look in pump. Cheers ken

If the filters have collapsed then pieces of filter debris could be clogging any part of the hydraulic system; sound like you have a big clean up job on your hands best of luck let us know what you find.

Jeremy

super6954
Flag: Canada

Post #27 by super6954 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Landcruiser wrote:Hi there, looking to know if any of you know how to refit the slew pots on mark3 after fitting New seals,???

Hi
When I did mine on my 3D3 about 6 weeks ago, I used 2 long pieces of 3/4 course threaded rod and nuts( same thread as on the original bolts) and used it to pull the housings back over the tight new seals, use hyd oil to lubricate the seals and bores to help it slide better. Put the rod in 2 holes diagonal across the corners into the slew box holes for the original bolts.

slide the housing over the rods then wind the nuts down pushing the housing over the seals until you can get 2 of the standard bolts back in to pull it the rest of the way home. You could use 4 rods if you wanted but I found using 2 was time consuming winding the nuts up 8" or more and keeping everything moving up square. of course it depends how far out the slew rack is as to how far you got to wind it back on ;) .
I hope that helps :) .
Regards Robert

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”