JCB 3D111 interchangeable with other JCB

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Masseyjohn

JCB 3D111 interchangeable with other JCB

Post #1 by Masseyjohn » Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 am

Hello.. I have a JCB and the rear end and transmission need replacing I have found another JCB but not the same model, here are the numbers mine:
serial # 3D111 135279/3
tractor # sk 1/004140

the other one:
3D 54098
tractor# 384B134253
Engine #34867
65B/14134253

So now I hope someone can help me..thank you

mambo
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3D111 interchangeable with other JCB

Post #2 by mambo » Sun May 06, 2012 10:57 am

You need the serial number from the other one really, make sure it ends in /3 so it it has the same transmission type.

Topic author
Masseyjohn

Post #3 by Masseyjohn » Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi Mambo,
Thank you, I do have the second machine written down here, I am posting for my husband and he wrote the number from the machines and I just posted. We have been looking for a year for these parts and I am hoping this one will work!

Mark.Rive

Post #4 by Mark.Rive » Sun May 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi, The second machine starting 384B will be 5 speed manual trans with hi & lo. Your machine is known as build 3. Is your machine manual trans or T/C ? I would think its a T/C cheers Mark.

Topic author
Masseyjohn

Post #5 by Masseyjohn » Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Mark,
yes ours is a t/c, does that mean the other will not work, I am in Canada and it is very hard to find parts etc.... so finding this machine was a thrill. A neighbour borrowed the machine and brought it back broken! We know not to lend it out ever again IF we can fix it!
thanks Pat

mambo

Post #6 by mambo » Sun May 06, 2012 7:59 pm

Sorry it will not fit John you need a machine with serial number ending /3 ;)

Mark.Rive

Post #7 by Mark.Rive » Sun May 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Masseyjohn wrote:Hi Mark,
yes ours is a t/c, does that mean the other will not work, I am in Canada and it is very hard to find parts etc.... so finding this machine was a thrill. A neighbour borrowed the machine and brought it back broken! We know not to lend it out ever again IF we can fix it!
thanks Pat

Hi Pat, the 384 machine gear train will not fit your T/c machine without a huge amount of work. Its not impossible though! Is the 384 a runner, maybe you could use that machine as it is? What exactly is wrong with your T/C? Mark

philwheelton

Post #8 by philwheelton » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am

Both m/cs have the same gear box only one has a brockhouse torque converter number ending with /3 the other one 384b is as Mark said is 5 speed with high and low it's the same box just has 1st & 2nd high & low missing.

Topic author
Masseyjohn

Post #9 by Masseyjohn » Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 am

Hi Mark;
I can tell you what the mechanic told us.. the bearings were shot through the transmission and rear end, so we are hoping to pull out one assembly and put in the other. I have lost a bit of faith in the mechanic because he told me that it was impossible to find parts and I have found two machines that people are willing to sell off for parts, so we are not going to be using this same mechanic, we are hoping that we can do this ourselves with some help!
I would like to thank everyone for all your help and I am sorry if I m a pain in the BUTT
thanks Pat

Mark.Rive

Post #10 by Mark.Rive » Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Masseyjohn wrote:Hi Mark;
I can tell you what the mechanic told us.. the bearings were shot through the transmission and rear end, so we are hoping to pull out one assembly and put in the other. I have lost a bit of faith in the mechanic because he told me that it was impossible to find parts and I have found two machines that people are willing to sell off for parts, so we are not going to be using this same mechanic, we are hoping that we can do this ourselves with some help!
I would like to thank everyone for all your help and I am sorry if I m a pain in the BUTT
thanks Pat

Hi Pat, not a problem, we are all here to help each other :thumbup: Have you downloaded the workshop manual for your machine? its here. JCB 2D, 2DS, 3, 3C, 3CS, 3D and 700 Backhoe Service Workshop Manual

I can also help with all the part numbers if you need them :thumbup:

Will your t/c machine move at all under its own power? You know if you are thinking of stripping out the box and axle anyway, you're not a million miles from putting in new bearings yourself in what you have!!
Mark

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”