Circuit Diagram???

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Nephro

Circuit Diagram???

Post #1 by Nephro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:20 pm

I have been through the manuals, downloadable on this site but am struggling to find the right one (unless im being totally stupid, which is quite possible)
Its a sort of 3c2 but with a later dashboard, 2 fuse boxes, one on the right of steering wheel, one on left as per image.

I am finding wires in the original loom which don't relate to anything on the circuit diagram
Help or guidance would be vastly appreciated (again!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark.Rive

Re: Circuit Diagram???

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi David, I'm pretty sure your circuit diagram should be pages 7-9 & 7-10. Mark

mambo
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by mambo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

your dash is the same as the one in my 3DII

Topic author
Nephro

Post #4 by Nephro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Thank - thank you -

What a difference looking at the correct diagram makes :doh: . My mind was looking for two banks of fuse boxes rather like the single bank on the first diagrams.
Thank you so much, both of you.

It does look like some jiggery pokery has been done under the dash, odd "extra bits" and they only had brown wire so following stuff is a bit of a bum job.

I do have more questions about the wiring but I am only going to ask if I really really get stuck as I don't want to be a pest. I should be capable of working it out but sometimes, like the fuses, I can't see the wood for the trees so will ask before the red mist sets in!!!!! :twisted:

Still love my baby though!

David

Mark.Rive

Post #5 by Mark.Rive » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Nephro wrote:Thank - thank you -

What a difference looking at the correct diagram makes :doh: . My mind was looking for two banks of fuse boxes rather like the single bank on the first diagrams.
Thank you so much, both of you.

It does look like some jiggery pokery has been done under the dash, odd "extra bits" and they only had brown wire so following stuff is a bit of a bum job.

I do have more questions about the wiring but I am only going to ask if I really really get stuck as I don't want to be a pest. I should be capable of working it out but sometimes, like the fuses, I can't see the wood for the trees so will ask before the red mist sets in!!!!! :twisted:

Still love my baby though!

David

Hi David, glad to be of assistance. Ask away, I'll help as much as I can :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
Nephro

Post #6 by Nephro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

OMG.....The electrics are causing me headaches....Have lifted the dash now instead of working upside down, looking up with the seat column in my back.

I suppose things are progressing, it just doesn't feel like it.
The tangle below is where I am at the moment. Each time I look at it I think......$&£*&%$£^ with a %£*&)(^ .

Vehicle electrics are NOT, definitely NOT my forte, I have learned Sooooooooo much about - hydraulics, diesel engines, repairing hammered fingers etc, I must just apply myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark.Rive

Post #7 by Mark.Rive » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Turning the dash like that is a great start. Now you can sit in comfort and take your time and sort through one thing at a time :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
Nephro

Post #8 by Nephro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:34 am

OK.....Had a good morning. Decided to do a strip-out which will also let me sort out the cab properly.
Here is my resulting "mess"!

It has actually turned into a better job than I thought, have to get a new torque oil pressure and temp gauge but it seems most other things seem to work ok.I think the wiring "modifications" were done by someone from a spaghetti factory who only had red spaghetti......

Right....on with it. Thanks Mark and others for your encouragement.
ps.....it was a "bugger" getting the steering wheel off!

Topic author
Nephro

Post #9 by Nephro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Hmmm.
I have found one multi-pin socket going to the bulkhead (and matching plug on loom), one multi-pin socket going to the indicator stalk(and matching plug on loom), and a small multi-pin plug and socket to the torque/oil/pressure/temp gauge end, strangely I have 2 spare sockets in the dashboard. I am thinking that perhaps there should be more sockets on the bulkhead.

Does anybody know what I am missing?

Great success testing the dash panel itself, fuel, oil, battery indicator, switches and warning lights are all in working order, just got get them physically connected to things correctly now.
The ones marked in red are the stray ones (fairly sure but not 100% without going back to workshop)

David
Cold, wet and happy

Topic author
Nephro

Post #10 by Nephro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:43 pm

No. It's ok. Think I have sorted out what's not where. Doesn't help being colour blind either.
It seems I am missing a left sided electrics multi pin connector and a right side electrics multi pin connector.
When lady came out an found blue/green for me and labelled other colours I can't see, it made it easier.

Sent from my SE Arc S probably outside. Probably cold and wet.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”