3cx wiring tidy up questions

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
McSpud
Flag: Ireland

Re: 3cx wiring tidy up questions

Post #11 by McSpud » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Mark, those are unbelievable! I'll definatly print these, but, my machine is an '88 3CX 336239,
would you have the drawing to cover that? My problem is that I don't think the stalk switch is wired right into its connectors, and the drawings for the diggers only go as far as the connector on the loom. But having your drawing would be a great start!
Cheers!
S

Mark.Rive

Post #12 by Mark.Rive » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm

McSpud wrote:Hi Mark, those are unbelievable! I'll definatly print these, but, my machine is an '88 3CX 336239,
would you have the drawing to cover that? My problem is that I don't think the stalk switch is wired right into its connectors, and the drawings for the diggers only go as far as the connector on the loom. But having your drawing would be a great start!
Cheers!
S

As promised, good hunting, if you need more info/help buzzing out the switch side of the connector please shout :thumbup: :thumbup: Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
McSpud

Post #13 by McSpud » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks a million Mark!
I compared what I have to what you posted last night and theres some definite differences,
Cant wait to print this one and check it out... Thanks yet again!
S

Mark.Rive

Post #14 by Mark.Rive » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 am

no problem. :thumbup:
Mark

Topic author
McSpud

Post #15 by McSpud » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Well guys, I think I'm coming to the end of my wiring issue woes!
With the help of Marks drawings, I found there was a white wire missing bringing carrying an unswitched 12v to the headlight flash switch. The switch too was incorrectly wired, the the connections needed for the flash were jumbled in with the wiper connections. The last issue, where the bkue headlight warning light was coming on for dips, turned out to be the result of more doctoring... this time down at the headlights themselves, someone had swapped the heads/dips wires on the back of the sealed beams... probably to save the cost of replacing the sealed beam units, when only one element was gone.
I replaced the sealed beams with two seal beam conversion kits, so in future only a H4 bulb is needed.

All I need now is a tacho drive cable, haven't found one yet, any pointers would be appreciated!
Thanks to Mark for posting the drawings.

S

Mark.Rive

Post #16 by Mark.Rive » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:04 pm

No worries Seamus glad its all sorted.
these people maybe able to help. http://www.forge-services.co.uk/acatalog/InstrumentsJCB.html
or maybe diggerparts.net
Cheers Mark

le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Re: 3cx wiring tidy up questions - similarities

Post #17 by le.maisonniau » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Mark.Rive wrote:
le.maisonniau wrote:Hi,
I am in the middle of a similar job, though i have a few other issues as well. My m/c is a 1985 3CX sitemaster, I have found that the electrics will play up something incredible and produce lots of unexplained results, generally from bad earths, I currently have LHS flashers flash on the stalk as norm, RHS rear only flash and LHS & RHS flash on the 4-way button, but also the RHS on the dash - bizare, but I traced it to a bad earth on RHS front flasher.
I also have a cable for the tacho that hangs about near the floor in the cab and also have no idea where it comes from.
I also have a horn button that doesnt work, taking the F&R switch apart showed that the cables had been snipped off in the past!!
I am desperately trying to get hold of a fuel sender for my model (290000-400000 series) - if any one can point me in the right direction I would be greatful.
Cheers
John (retired in France)

Hi John,
Good to see you're going in the right direction :thumbup: With regard to your fuel sender here's the info i have.
Up to serial number 310999 Fuel sender P/no is 730/0001.
then superceded to 716/06200, then 716/09700.
Machines 337001 through 4000000 its 716/12400.
I'm not sure if this part number supercedes right the way through and back fits all machines or if it is serial number dependant, sorry :( Gasket should come in the box, if not its number is 103/77101.
good luck. Mark

Thanks for the info Mark, my m/c is srl 327143 so p/n 716/06200 is where I should be looking. Need to source bushes for the front axles next (2wd) diggerparts hopefully will be able to help.
cheers John :)
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

le.maisonniau

Post #18 by le.maisonniau » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Mark.Rive wrote:Okay guys' here's wiring diagram and component list for machines 294971 thru 310999. If this is not your machine let me know and I'll post up the correct one for you :thumbup: Cheers Mark

Cheers Mark,
My m/c serial is 327143, but I already have a wiring diag - that is about 99% good.
Would you happen to know A: what the little bulbs located on the circuit board on the dash are called and possibly a p/n and if they are still available. I had to solder a part of the track on the board which had melted, i now have most lights working, but a couple of bulbs missing!

Thanks for your help,
Cheers John (retired :lol: in France

Topic author
McSpud

Post #19 by McSpud » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi John I got some of those bulbs in a local motor factors, they're 1.2watt 12v dashboard bulbs, used in many vehicles! Try your local motorfactors, mine cost 1euro each.

I paid a fortune for a Tacho Cable today, they cost 90euro incl VAT. I tried everywhere on the internet, but failed, so had to resort to the local JCB dealer. I should have it on Friday they said.

S

le.maisonniau

Post #20 by le.maisonniau » Sat May 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Mark,
Time flies doesnt it, I am just getting around to answering your reply on the fuel sender, :oops: your p/n was correct, but the part is £95 so I gave it a miss.
I am making progress now on the lights, all the essential ones work now and to lessen the load on the electrics I have changed the 55W work lights for 21-LED jobs and am quite pleased with them, they give a nice bright white light and have very little load on the circuits.
Thanks for you advice. :thumbup:
John (Changing axle bearings and pipes at the moment - next is to try and get the 'correct' seals for the king post rams... :doh:

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”