Oh Joy!!!!!

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Nephro

Oh Joy!!!!!

Post #1 by Nephro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Not a question.....just an announcement as I'm very pleased with myself. Due to the assistance of people on the Forum, I, who a week ago had never even considered I would ever have, or indeed have any interest in having a JCB and being a mechanical "dunderhead" am pleased to say, I have managed to un-seize" the kingpost of the Hybrid JCB 3CII and now understand what the hydro-clamp does. Even with the clamp in the right position (which helps) it was still stuck solid.

Wow, I am looking forward to doing some gulley digging!

Before I do that though, I need to discover just how much more hydraulic fluid it will need to get the fluid in the sighting tube (scaring me so far)! Now I need to read up and discover what to do about a small drip drip leak in the boom/dipper joint pipe.

Thank you to those who have given invaluable advice so far and to all the other posters who I have managed to glean so much info from.

David

Mark.Rive

Re: Oh Joy!!!!!

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi David, glad things are looking good :thumbup: Your machine holds 43 gallons of hydraulic oil! You will find filling it a bit of a task, there is a link on here all about it, i will have a look around and post it for you. In the mean time if you have not already done so download the manual for your machine here: JCB 2D, 2DS, 3, 3C, 3CS, 3D and 700 Backhoe Service Workshop Manual
If you look in download section under JCB the engine manual is there to :thumbup: Cheers Mark

Mark.Rive

Post #3 by Mark.Rive » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 pm

This link shows a photo of the oil filler (upright red arrow) and the horizontal nut (circled). If you remove the the circled nut, pull out the valve behind it and put the nut back in, the tank will fill quicker :thumbup: Remember to refit the valve, and dont loose the spring behind it. Cheers Mark

PS, Engine off and cycle all the hydraulics first, with the shovel and bucket on the ground before you touch any of the hydro circuit :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5603

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Alternatively, you can put the oil in via the breathers.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
Nephro

Post #5 by Nephro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you Mark and William. Yes I have downloaded practically anything downloadable and and have been reading anything readable.
Mark, I couldn't click on the link to the post or find it. Could you help please?
Still putting hydraulic fluid in but can't see any leaking out. Suspect I will have to keep putting it in until it comes up to visible. Currently paying £33 for 20 litres so hoping it wasn't on empty! :insomnia:
Apart from the lack of fluids, everything else seems to be pretty god except for cracked windscreen, no rear screen and paint. Does need a total rewire and a couple of gauges replaced but enjoying it so far.
Thanks

Mark.Rive

Post #6 by Mark.Rive » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh yeah, see that the link isn't live, lets try again.
Hydrolic oil milky white

with regards to hydro oil, you should try and get some used from a workshop. They have to pay to dump it, I got 45 gallons that had been in a machine for a week. It had just been serviced, then threw the pump. they decided to drain it all off. Actually phoned me up to go get it :thumbup: it was free. Result I think

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #7 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Same here I dont buy oil at all.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

philwheelton

Post #8 by philwheelton » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Just make sure you put the filler cap back on before starting it up the oil comes back out a lot quicker than it goes in!....

Topic author
Nephro

Post #9 by Nephro » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

I read about that. I am such a mechanical incompetent that I am doing EVERYTHING by the book! Fortunately I am a firm believer in RTFM so I hope I will not make mistakes like that. Now going to get to grips with the braking system......my last favourite part so far but being able to stop quickly seems a bit of a priority!

Sent from my SE Arc S probably outside. Probably cold and wet.

Mark.Rive

Post #10 by Mark.Rive » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 am

to stop quickly seems a bit of a priority!

Ah no :D :D :D not with one of these.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”