3CX syncro shuttle gearbox oil

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Julian

Re: 3CX syncro shuttle gearbox oil

Post #21 by Julian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:36 pm

kerniki wrote:your right guys, i picked up the wrong one :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

should have got this http://www.mobil.com/Bangladesh-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_ATF_220.aspx

which corresponds with the JCB suggested alternative 'Ford - esn-m2c 33g'

PLEASE! no posts telling me not to get it as I'm on my way back there to change it :D

Looks OK to me!

Julian.

Topic author
kerniki

Post #22 by kerniki » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Mark.Rive wrote:
kerniki wrote:damn I'm at 500% :hehe: funny, as my first descrition was of white with red stripe, according to you its whate with brown stripe :hehe: oh well :D

There is definitely no wire colours indicated in my manual though :? i have two or three manuals downloaded and none seem to indicate colours, maybe I'm looking in the wrong section??

On the oil front, my order never got delivered :wtf: so drove a loooooong way to get some at a Mobil oil dealer, seems appropriate

http://www.mobil.com/Canada-English-LCW/heavydutyengineoils_products_mobiltrans-hd-10w.aspx

fingers crossed.

Have you got a serial number for your machine? I'll send you the schematic with the correct colours etc on it :thumbup:
Mark

sorry Mark. completely missed your kind offer :) it'd be great! its 338442 :thumbup:

Mark.Rive

Post #23 by Mark.Rive » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Check your inbox :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
kerniki

Post #24 by kerniki » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm

all connected up, filled with oil etc etc but a thought occurred, what if the temp sender is faulty?

is there a way of checking the oil temp sender to make sure it will send a warning if things get to hot?

Mark.Rive

Post #25 by Mark.Rive » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:51 pm

kerniki wrote:thanks :thumbup:

all connected up, filled with oil etc etc but a thought occurred, what if the temp sender is faulty?

is there a way of checking the oil temp sender to make sure it will send a warning if things get to hot?

Yep, should imagine the ol' saucepan full of boiling water would sort that out :thumbup:
so, you need to whip the sender out. Measure the resistance across it with a multimeter, move to kitchen, select newest tefal saucepan from cupboard :thumbup: At this point it might be worth cleaning the sender :thumbup: Add water to new saucepan. Place on cooker/hub or such like. There should be some knobs located on the cooker/hub you may need to get assistance here, I did. Ask assistant to warm the water gently, while holding the sender in the water (responsible adult or piece of wire maybe required to hold sender) as water warms, resistance should change (drop) if not ask assistant where to place for dumping :thumbup: hope that helps. If your assistant is not keen on this procedure, now you know how to use the cooker/hob utensil you can perform the next test while the assistant is out :thumbup: Mark

Julian

Post #26 by Julian » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 pm

And if you can borrow your grandma's sugar thermometer you can measure the resistance (assuming it's a NTC sender for a gauge and not just a simple switch for a warning lamp) and plot a graph of temperature versus resistance. If you sustitute cooking oil for the water you can go on beyond 100 degrees C. Better still use some sugary water and some vanilla essence and then when you've finished you can pour the liquid onto some trays and have some fudge/toffee to eat later! ;)

Julian

Mark.Rive

Post #27 by Mark.Rive » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Julian wrote:And if you can borrow your grandma's sugar thermometer you can measure the resistance (assuming it's a NTC sender for a gauge and not just a simple switch for a warning lamp) and plot a graph of temperature versus resistance. If you sustitute cooking oil for the water you can go on beyond 100 degrees C. Better still use some sugary water and some vanilla essence and then when you've finished you can pour the liquid onto some trays and have some fudge/toffee to eat later! ;)

Julian

Blimey Julian, I've been missing out for years! :D :D :D :D

Julian

Post #28 by Julian » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Mark.Rive wrote:Blimey Julian, I've been missing out for years! :D :D :D :D

I was spurred on by the 'helpful hints' section of the 'Viz' comic:

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=5985

Julian :)

Kalum Moremada

Post #29 by Kalum Moremada » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:11 pm

jcb 3cx backhoe loader power shift transmission presure ?

Kalum Moremada

Post #30 by Kalum Moremada » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:13 pm

jcb 3cx backhoe loader power shift transmission pressure ?

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”