JCB 3C II

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Mark.Rive

Re: JCB 3C II

Post #11 by Mark.Rive » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:03 pm

richardq wrote:My brakes on my 3c11 are also terrible and the above post gives me alot of confidence to have a go myself. Thanks for the diagrams.
Richard

No problem Richard :thumbup: Cheers Mark

Topic author
holzrainer
Flag: Germany

Post #12 by holzrainer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Hello,

after paused all over the winter I finally found some time for starting to fix my brakes.
I have been waiting for warm weather because I have to work outside.
First I removed the seat, the screws were really tight und the metric tools don't really fit the imperial nuts.
Then I searched the bolts for the floormate by removing lots of mud and dirt, in the lower backside of the cabin I found a lot of things, screwdrivers, some wrenches, some cloves and lots of dirt, think I can start a nursery.
I found a removeable plate in the back and could remove the right plate over the axle.
The left plate is still held by the spring of the brake pedal.
Up to now : the spring of the throttle pedal is broken, one spring of the brake pedal is missing.

The adventure will be continued.

Regards

Rainer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy wright

Post #13 by Jeremy wright » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi there'anyone got a diagram of the rear brake set up on a 3c mk2,this is the foot brake two pedals going to the hand brake lever and then on to the rear brake acuateing rods then what happens whats behind the big round plates on each side of the diff?

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by topkit » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Behind the big round plates you will find the circular brake disks there are two discs to each side when you remove the circular plates be carefull as there will probably be a fair bit of the friction material dust.

Topic author
holzrainer
Flag: Germany

Post #15 by holzrainer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello,

You have to remove the screws than You find the brake disks and between the 2 disks you find the automat(right word?) with the balls between. In my case there was dust and some rust on the rails of the balls. I cleaned it up, removed the rust and fixed it together.No grease for the balls.
I had to grease all the pushrods to get them work slightly again, all rusty. But now it works quite good again.

Rainer

Wrexhamlad22
Flag: Great Britain

Post #16 by Wrexhamlad22 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 3Cii its in decent condition but brakes are in need of some work, thank for the diargrams richard great help. I am completely knew to this but wanted a project so apologise in advance for any stupid questions. Do i need any specific greese for the balls and push rods?

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”