Thwaites Alldig

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
tim1casa

Thwaites Alldig

Post #1 by tim1casa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 pm

This is a repeat of a previous thread I'm afraid. Looking for a silencer for the Alldig, Perkins Perama 100 series engine, top exit off the manifold. Does anyone know of anybody who might have one? In fact if anyone is breaking one, it could also do with a front grill. Luckily its not mine, but the owner loves it!

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Thwaites Alldig

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Just an idea but have you thought of trying a Perkins engine parts supplier?

Jeremy

Topic author
tim1casa

Re: Thwaites Alldig

Post #3 by tim1casa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:51 pm

As suggested I went to Perkins. They only supply engines up to and including the exhaust manifold. So I went to Thwaites, and they can possibly supply one. The big drawback is they will have to get it made by their supplier, as its been a few years since they had one. Kinda puts the price into a silly area. I will try and make something up to fit. I should be able to get a gasket off the shelf that will fit the Perama exhaust manifold. :eh:

Nickbartman

Thwaites Alldig 100

Post #4 by Nickbartman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I've got a Thawites Alldig 100 circa 1988. Before I bought her 15 years ago she lived and worked at Whipsnade Zoo. Great little wonder she is but I need to place her in a good home for some TLC and restoration. Everything works that is important. I need just over £3,000 for her. Any ideas where I can go to sell her? Many thanks ~ Nick.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”