Flag: Great Britain

Old Massey Fergusons at work

Post #1 by XS650 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 pm

MF backhoes and loaders at work...
mf 1.jpg

mf0866602.jpg

MF 1960.jpg

mf bath.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

martyn williams

Re: Old Massey Fergusons at work

Post #2 by martyn williams » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Love those M F's, solid reliable workhorses.
Martyn

taurus MK1
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by taurus MK1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 pm

:wave: Hi here is my faithful 205x digging a trench from old wind pump well to a holding tank.A slow job as much stone but never missed a beat.

Cheers John :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Post #4 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:22 am

Reminds me of digging a water pipe trench in winter along a 1/4 mile drive with a McConnel digger on a old tractor that strugged to drive it. so we used a newer on and it kept blowing the pipes up or off. They only decide to do the job cause the water pipe tied to the fence froze up. :doh: Most of that was stone below the hardcore of the road, picking at it with the single tooth clay bucket. After half an hour you were frozen. :lol:

But these old machines if treated right plod on and beat the mk1 manual shovel :thumbup: Never saw many MF machines round here but one contractor in the 80's had a old 50B that was tidy.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm

When I worked in Exeter,the firm I worked for run nearly all MF machines 200's 300's and 50B's.
They then decided to get a 3CX,this turned out to be a mistake.The got a 2 wheel drive one.Most sites were then looking for four wheel drive machines.They piped up the 3CX for breaker use.It shook it to bits.The 50 B's were fitted with the same breaker,no problem.
In six years running MF's the only major job was to rebuild a MF 300 which thought it was a submarine in Cockwood harbour.The tide came in,thats all you could see was its worklights on the cab roof.
Then in 1983, the firm purchased 8 new JCB's,we drove them in convoy from Marsh Barton to Sowton where we were based,that was the end of the MF's.One of the machines is still in use I have been told.
Martyn

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”