New project to find old JCB backhoes

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
helen.kiddle

New project to find old JCB backhoes

Post #1 by helen.kiddle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:04 pm

To all classic plant and machinery lovers. I am looking for help with a project that I am currently doing for JCB. We are looking for good examples of vintage JCB backhoe loaders and trying to piece together the history behind them. For example, a Mark 1 that I have found at JC Balls & Co in Ambergate was bought by Rogers & Christian Ltd in Newquay in 1953. Serial number 2321. I need more information on where the machine has been subsequently. I also require any owners of refurbished JCB 4's so that I can do a timeline of one of these machines.

I am also trying to get hold of Mike Eacock who recently displayed a JCB 3C III at SED. Anyone have his contact details?

A good example of one of the first 3CX machines from 1980 would be great too if anyone has one.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: New project to find old JCB backhoes

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Helen a big welcome to CMN :thumbs_up:

I think that you should be able to find some of the help that you require on this site, Martyn Henley is one of our experts on JCB backhoes and there are many members on this site who have a fair knowledge on them.
Anyway welcome to the site and hope that you find what you are looking for. :D

Jeremy

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Martyn Henley » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Helen, and first may i say a big welcome to CMN
Steve Martin is the guy to get hold for refurbished JCB 4, i belive its been in his family all its life ..
little4.JPG

As for Mike Eacock, i will dig out his number for you and send it by PM to you ..
But there are many on here who have, or are renovating JCB's now ..Chris, newjcb123 has a business renovating old JCB's .. this one of his that he has done.
52bf.jpg

Me, i just make models of them

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
helen.kiddle

Post #4 by helen.kiddle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:17 am

Hi Martyn

Thanks for your most helpful reply. I am new to these forums, so any idea how I get in touch with Steve or Chris? The photos you attach below are great and I am interested in following up both machines to try and get a picture of where they've been working over their life span. The JCB 4 sounds particularly easy if it has been with the same customer all its life - perfect! If you did manage to get Mike Eacock's number; that would be really helpful. Thanks.

Helen

Topic author
helen.kiddle

Post #5 by helen.kiddle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 pm

I am really keen to find the owner of the beautifully restored JCB 4 in the photo below. Can anyone help me please? I have to report back to JCB on Monday....... also still trying to find Mike Eacock regarding his JCB 3C.

Thanks, Helen

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by Martyn Henley » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:28 pm

Helen .. can you see your PM i have sent you

Martyn

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”