If im quiet i might just be able to retire here in peice!!

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

MrF
Flag: France

Re: If im quiet i might just be able to retire here in peice!!

Post #11 by MrF » Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

There was a case backhoe in the shrubbery near my new place in a similar state before I bought my jcb, so I went and asked about it only to be told it was not for sale as they used it regular. Er... right... I just put it down to old farmers saying "not for sale" about everything thinking I was a gypo trying to nick it or something so just left.
It looked like it had been on fire and dumped there as there was not a stitch of paint on the skid or cab left and everything was either rust or blackened with a tangled mess of thorny brush everywhere all over it.
A few weeks later, they had it fired up and working, and used it to do the groundworks for a new parking bay for the local coach company. While they were extracting it, you could see little paths they had cut in to the engine bay and cab etc with a weedy to get enough access to fire it up, then just drive it out weeds and all...
Its parked in the corner of the bus companies yard now, still unpainted but not covered in undergrowth, and at least its in use.

Theres a funky old unic cherry picker in the undergrowth behind where the case was parked. I wonder how much other things are buried in that bit of scrub now...
Once upon a time all the hedgrows and fields had interesting stuff like this in, only the local council paid a scrappage bounty to "clean up the countryside" and overnight all these 40's and 50's cars and funky old agri vehicles disappeared. Suddenly a idle sunday drive got boring...

chainmaker

Re: If im quiet i might just be able to retire here in peice!!

Post #12 by chainmaker » Fri May 22, 2009 10:27 am

I knew I I left it somewhere, only whent for a quick pint

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”