MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Robban_C

MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Post #1 by Robban_C » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:10 pm

One of my tractors, an old and ugly Massey Ferguson. Looks like it has seen both WWI and WWII. But it starts in every weather except very cold winter because the cold start is out of order.

Some repairs that I have done through the years:
Bucket cylinders have new piston pins, piston pin ends, pistons, seals and cylinder "front ends". New axles in both ends of the cyl, the upper ones being expanding ones (home made) with seals. And of course new greasing points for all axels.
Servo steering repaired and the center axel for the steering (between the wheels) got new custom made bushings and the axel reground.
Removed the gear box oil pan and cleaned the filter last winter as it suddenly stopped locking up the forward/reverse clutches. And new gear box oil and filter.
New cylinder head seal a few winters ago. And of course the tractor wasn´t at home when it broke and it was winter and cold.
A punctured right front wheel as a result of to many years of sun shine.

I use it at home for snow ploughing and some carrying and lifting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Topic author
Robban_C

Re: MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Post #2 by Robban_C » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:23 pm

The 3165 was the industrial variant of the 165 agricultural tractor. The main differences were the converter gear box, the non-adjustable width of the front axel and the heavy strong loader. It´s really genius to have a heavy and strong loader on a 2wd tractor that is light in the rear itself. :mrgreen:

Oh, I have also converted the plough blade from LHD to RHD and lengthened it by about 3 dm (12 inch) to suit the size of the tractor better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volvo EC45 PRO -06
Volvo EC35 -01
MB-Trac 800 turbo
Bigab 10-14 hook lift trailer
MF 3165, Poor Ferguson

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobbanxC

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”