jcb 3cx converter problem

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Felixbrånemo
Flag: Sweden

jcb 3cx converter problem

Post #1 by Felixbrånemo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:25 pm

Hello Forum.
New here but have no idea what might be the next thing to check so here it goes:

My jcb 3cx sitemaster 4x4 turbo -89 (white/grey cab) started to hesitate sometimes to drive forward (revved/slipped). Filled/topped up with ATF while machine was running. = no improvement
Eventually stopped to drive forward altogether. I have the borg warner shuttle (big F/R stick). Reverse has always worked perfect.
Strainer in the pan cleaned and new ATF (q8 auto16) filled. no improvement. (old fluid was clear red with no water). Only have the strainer/filter in the pan.

Gearbox and shuttlebox removed and forward and reverse pack replaced along with seals and gaskets etc. (old F/R packs- not badly worn or affected by heat).
Dumpvalve with pin/slide adjusted and got new seals - no improvements.

Will drive ever so slightly when cold in forward gear to eventually stop driving forward.

Any ideas?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: jcb 3cx converter problem

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm

Hi and welcome to the site :wave: I'm sure that somebody on here will point you in the right direction, if you read through many of the topics on JCB machines, then you should also find some useful guidance there. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”