JCB 3C Mk3

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
ASW76
Flag: United States of America

JCB 3C Mk3

Post #1 by ASW76 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:49 am

My JCB 3C Mk3 backhoe quit driving forward or backwards. Transmission oil was low so I filled it back up and the transmission oil starts coming out the dipstick. Drained the oil, cleaned the strainer put it all back together and filled it back up, and the transmission is still shoots out the dipstick. Unscrewed the fill plug to relieve pressure and that stopped all from coming out. Any idea what might be the problem and how to fix it?

Anthony

essexpete

Re: JCB 3C Mk3

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue May 31, 2022 8:09 am

Oil level is usually checked with the engine on tick over or immediately on stopping. Have you got a big chunky shuttle lever with a dash mounted handbrake or small lever and cab floor mounted hand brake?

MrF
Flag: France

Re: JCB 3C Mk3

Post #3 by MrF » Tue May 31, 2022 9:10 pm

if its the brockhouse transmission with the shuttle transmission and handbrake on the cab floor as one of the options Pete was asking about, yes the oil level is checked with the engine running on tickover after it has been running for a few minutes because the oil cooler is higher than the transmission and otherwise you get a false reading. If its any help my mk3 with brockhouse plays up when the transmission oil level gets low but adding the correct fluid level fixes it. I don't know about the other setup to comment (3c3 powertrain I think)

There's a manual covering your machine in the downloads.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”