Fan belt

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Fan belt

Post #1 by Matchless?58 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:33 am

Hi all . After ages messing around trying to find out the part number I give up so does anyone know the part number for the fan belt on the 3c 11 ?
Thanks in advance Chris

essexpete

Re: Fan belt

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:45 am

Google Leyland tractor /JCB fan belt. I assume you have an alternator fitted. You will have to disconnect the pump drive. Some might tie a spare to one side for a quick change in the future.

mechman

Post #3 by mechman » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:40 am

Just changed one, Quite interesting. Got it from Vicary plant.
Norm.

Topic author
Matchless?58

Post #4 by Matchless?58 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:22 am

Thanks all . You know sometimes when you get hung up on something it becomes a challenge . I know that I probably won't need the part number but I got determined to find it . I did loads of searches most came back with Leyland tractor and I know that will fit but they still didn't list the part number . God I must get out more .
I will phone vicary tomorrow .
Cheers Chris

MrF
Flag: France

Post #5 by MrF » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:52 pm

I would be more inclined to take the old fan belt to a motor factors and just get a belt off the shelf and record the number that I was sold. Reason being that I've now seen two different length belts on two different machines, and its because they've both been converted with different alternators, so in both cases knowing the original part number would have been useless anyway.
I can tell you what I have on my old motor, along with what the parts book says should be on there, but there's still a chance that wouldn't fit your machine anyway.

Topic author
Matchless?58

Post #6 by Matchless?58 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:24 am

Probably right mrf regarding alternators being changed etc . In the end I just measured round the belt and asked for one of that length . It was actually 50 and one 1/2 inches long . I'm guessing that it's probably stretched by the extra half inch so actually 50 inches was what I asked for and ordered .
What I'm doing is changing the leaking water pump . I had a look at the paperwork when I opened the box for the part and I actually got it back in April ! I have been that busy I've just got round to doing the job . Now that I'm at it I have flushed out and thoroughly cleaned the radiator and hoses and ran clean water through the head via the pump aparture . I am also going to change the thermostat and the aforementioned fan belt leaving the old belt taped up as an emergency measure . So far everything dismantled and new pump fitted so just waiting for parts now so I can put it all back together again .
Cheers Chris

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”