Hydraclamp seal

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

MrF
Flag: France

Re: Hydraclamp seal

Post #11 by MrF » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:41 pm

Indeed, I'm 10 years into building this place and not really finished yet, though we've been living in it for years now, with the fosse septic system half done (tanked but no filterbed) because the machine isnt really sorted enough yet.
Do you have the rear (fibreglass) cover for under the backhoe levers? its designed to stop a burst/ruptured hose spraying directly onto the operator from these pipes if one lets go inside the cab causing scalding or worse. I used mine in the early years of ownership without because someone previous had just discarded it, but I got another one for mine eventually for this reason.

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by Matchless?58 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:47 pm

Oh didn't know there was supposed to be one on there . I guess that has been discarded by previous owners . I think I can temporarily fabricate something until I source the correct part . That will be a sensible safety measure . There is a metal plate on the front of the machine which the hoses go behind now I know the purpose of that plate ! I thought it was to protect hoses from damage but it must serve a dual purpose and stop anybody standing near from getting sprayed with hot oil . Every day is a school day . Cheers Chris

MrF

Post #13 by MrF » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:24 pm

Its a bit of a fiddly shape to reproduce, so I was happy to find the one off the 3c2 lying discarded overgrown with some weeds in the corner of the field where the buckets were! The same donor machine has given up its hydraulic filter door and hinge, because I was missing that also with all the main pipework exposed to impacts from the front.
You can see the original here in the manual page 276 (the manual is in this site's download section if your not aware already).

Topic author
Matchless?58
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by Matchless?58 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 am

Yes I see what you mean . That is an awkward shape to make . I think I will have to be a bit resourceful and use the next best thing . Some hessian potato sacks stuffed in the gap until I can source the proper thing . At least they will take the brunt of any future hoses blowing ( all renewed and working again btw ) . I am also missing one small door but it's the one on the other side the toolbox door . I am gradually improving things but it's a big machine which had a lot of neglect over the years . Still enjoying owning and working it though and it has already paid me back the purchase price . Cheers Chris

MrF

Post #15 by MrF » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:54 am

I sent you a pm about the door, I might have one left over.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”