JCB 3CX Tip Angle

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Land Rover

JCB 3CX Tip Angle

Post #1 by Land Rover » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:50 pm

What angle would my Grey cab 3CX tip over at :geek:
Whenever I go over any ground at an angle I start getting worried .
With the 4 in 1 front bucket at ground level and the extra dig boom racked in the center what would be considered dangerous ?. Surely it won't go to 45 degrees or anything near it .
I've had a few moments with the boom right out to the side which is fair enough , but getting through farm gates on a slope etc gives me the brown trousers :doh:

Mabel
Flag: France

Re: JCB 3CX Tip Angle

Post #2 by Mabel » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:08 pm

They tip quite a way....... but I know what you mean about the brown trousers. Mine feels like it is about to tip over just driving over a house brick! All good tyres and inflated correctly.
Not my picture btw, just borrowed from tinternet.
Tony

essexpete

Re: JCB 3CX Tip Angle

Post #3 by essexpete » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:22 pm

With sensible use the wheeled digger may be more forgiving that might be felt. I remember going from a little Massey (sitting with the transmission between legs to a 3C on bigger tyres and feet above the transmission. Just on height alone it gave a less secure feeling.
Our old power train was very heavy with extending hoe and extended long arms. Travel at all times with the front bucket as low as possible. Avoid sharp turns on slopes, keep the bucket and speed down. I found having the hoe over to one side then folded in as tight as possible kept the rear weight near to the axle. Our's tended to be light on the front particularly if climbing a bank. Tyre pressure important. You need a little give to gain traction but too soft and the machine can be wallowing. Also care going down a bank particularly if carrying weight and 2 wheel drive. I had an unpleasant experience going forwards down a bank with a 2 wheel drive tractor with a heavy post on a strop. Only slow but rear wheels broke traction and I slid. I managed to steer and the bank, although steep, was relatively short. Proper hillside and I might not be writing this.
I think increased use and experience will help. If you feel insecure then try to reduce the risk in someway.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”