new member/owner

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Adaam
Flag: Australia

new member/owner

Post #1 by Adaam » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:42 pm

Hi all.

I have recently become the owner of a JCB 3CX white cab 2WD with the Perkins. I'm told it is mid to late 80's and have tried using the VIN to look up parts for it but the JCB parts website doesn't recognise the number. It is 3CX 310782/P, is anyone able to shed light on this? I am in Australia BTW, possibly that has something to do with it. In reality I'd love a parts manual if anyone could point me in the right direction, as the searching I've done so far has turned up nothing. Ive found service and repair manuals, but don't really need them, The parts manual on the other hand with the OEM numbers in it seems to be hard to get.
The machine itself is pretty sound, but needs a few things done before I put her to work properly. I'd really appreciate any help whatsoever.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: new member/owner

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:47 am

Hi Adam and welcome to CMN :wave: tidy looking JCB that you have acquired there :thumbup: I'm sure somebody will be able to offer you some good advice.

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #3 by Holger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 am

Welcome to CMN!
Some resources:
How-To

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by agrimax » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am

Hi Adam,the white cab model was introduced in 1980 with the BMC engine.The Perkins went in in 1982. The black cab then came along in 1985 so yours is 82-84. The serial numbers can be a bit strange but I think yours being in Australia is also know as a 3c 1400 as they also were known as in the USA.Your serial number does indeed correspond with the 1400 and can be found in the JCB parts finder.You need to add a 0 to the start of the serial number.Run down the 3cx parts menu and you'll see 1400.Second one down then is yours.
In fact, maybe this will work..............
https://parts.jcb.com/parts/search/sect ... ldEIn0%2C/
Last edited by agrimax on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
Adaam
Flag: Australia

Post #5 by Adaam » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm

Hey thanks plenty to you guys for welcoming me :thumbup:
Big thanks to Agrimax though, that is exactly the type of inside information I needed, the JCB parts website is really good with part no.s and exploded views on the same page, so with this information I can now use it. Again I really appreciate it, and would never have figured that out on my own. I'm sure there will be things that I come up against where I will be able to ask for advice, and possibly share my own experiences. Really glad to have joined CMN!

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by agrimax » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Ask away,we'll see what we can do!!

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”