'87 JCB 1400B hoses etc.

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
desmato
Flag: United States of America

'87 JCB 1400B hoses etc.

Post #1 by desmato » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Hey all, Todd here in Michigan. I just acquired an '87 1400B and will be needing some help in the next few months.

1st order of business, hoses.... I had to replace one of the 6 that wrap around the main swivel for the hoe and the price was staggering, at least it was for me. For instance, one hose (R16-10 5/8" x 2') was $200. I have looked up that 90* elbow connector and find it around $50 each online.
So, my questions are;
* Where are you guys getting your hoses made in the Midwest and are there any tips I should know or place that is the best for these ?
* I assume this machine uses the "BSP" type connector, correct ?
* is there a length/type breakdown anywhere of what each hose is/should be on this machine ? that way I can systematically order/replace prior to failure.
* I assume the old connectors can not be reused with a new crimp sleeve ? (so far they have all been the older o-ring style anyways)

Thanks, Todd

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: '87 JCB 1400B hoses etc.

Post #2 by topkit » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi and greetings from the UK, i would say that the majority of hoses on your 1400B will be like our 3CX sideshift machines with the exception of the ones hat run by the centre mount kingpost i am pretty sure they are 1/2" BSP, i get all of my hoses made up at my local engineering workshop i think they supply milking machines to farms so the supply hoses for all applications, i just remove the hose and they make me up a like for like hose i don't want to make you feel sick but a few weeks back i got a hose made up that was a good 5ft long and it cost me £35.00 i thought it was so reasonable i got him to make me a second one up so i have a spare.

Topic author
desmato

Post #3 by desmato » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:14 am

Yup. those 6 are the ones that had the issue, at least 1 of them. I wound up having 4 of the 6 made for a grand total of $440 ! the 1/2" hoses were $90 ea and the 5/8" was $150 (he was kind enough to give me a 25% discount off the $200 price since one connector was slightly corroded)

Based on that math, I need another $290 for the last 2 that he didn't have the connectors to make, which I was glad of.

Sadly, the 1st time it touched the ground with me at the helm was to bury my pupper dogger, and that's when the hose popped.

Topic author
desmato

Post #4 by desmato » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:59 pm

So, it's been a year and I still haven't found anyone local (USA, Michigan) to make me hoses for less than what I paid for the whole machine.

I recall a British chap messaging me back when about making them and shipping, but of course..... can't find the info. Anyone on the East side of the big pond able to help ?

Todd

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by agrimax » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

https://hydraulicmegastore.com/product/ ... pact-hose/
Haven't used them or anyone else online as we have plenty of reasonably priced local suppliers but they are one of many online suppliers that may be worth a try.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”