Auto Entepreneur France dilema

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Mabel
Flag: France

Auto Entepreneur France dilema

Post #1 by Mabel » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Afternoon chaps,

I am trying to register on the Auto Entrepreneur self employed scheme in France as someone who 'digs in the earth with a digging machine'. However, I need to prove I have 3 years worth of experience driving a digger (seemingly ANY type of digger will do!).

I was a self employed machine & driver / groundworker for 20 years. That was 18 years ago :shock: My largest customer is no longer trading, and I have no records to prove what I did operate. Has anyone been in a similar position? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
I cant believe that turning a part time pocket money venture into a legitimate (tax paying) concern is proving so difficult!

Any suggestions would be most welcome as Im at a dead end at mo.
Thanks
Tony

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Auto Entepreneur France dilema

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:57 am

Mabel wrote:Afternoon chaps,

I am trying to register on the Auto Entrepreneur self employed scheme in France as someone who 'digs in the earth with a digging machine'. However, I need to prove I have 3 years worth of experience driving a digger (seemingly ANY type of digger will do!).

I was a self employed machine & driver / groundworker for 20 years. That was 18 years ago :shock: My largest customer is no longer trading, and I have no records to prove what I did operate. Has anyone been in a similar position? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
I cant believe that turning a part time pocket money venture into a legitimate (tax paying) concern is proving so difficult!

Any suggestions would be most welcome as Im at a dead end at mo.
Thanks
Tony

I can believe anything is difficult in these days in this mad insane world in which we all live do you have any old contacts from your old largest customer who is no longer trading who could vouch for you?

Jeremy

Topic author
Mabel

Post #3 by Mabel » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Jeremy,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, i wouldnt know where to start. I have been out of the mainstream plant hire / groundworks / construction industry for almost 20 years. (I work on the railway now). I have kept my hand in on pocket money jobs purely because i enjoy the work (and a change from my current day job). Obviously culminating with buying a 3cx a couple of years ago.
I suppose that worse case scenario is i will have to do a course somewhere and gain whatever acreditation that is current. Or find a friendly plant company that will allow me to do a bit (without wages) to get atleast some form of written apraisal.
I was sent (without asking for it) a citb (?) work log book some years ago. It came quite out of the blue. But as i was no longer in the plant operators seat it was lost or misplaced along the couple of house moves. When i think back to the end of my time on machines, i was a regular user of all kinds of excavator including road-railers. What a waste not logging any of it :(
Tony

Land Rover

Post #4 by Land Rover » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 pm

What sort of evidence are they after ?
Would a written report from a site agent or site foreman suffice .
Would HMRC have records that had plant operator listed as your occupation , might be best to avoid them mind you :x
At the end of the day , if you are more than qualified and have done the job , you are justified in being a bit more creative in your evidence .
What's the worst they can do to you :x

Topic author
Mabel

Post #5 by Mabel » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 pm

They are after any written evidence from a former employer, or invoices / receipts (if you were self employed). There is no contact with HMRC or CITB. The French authorities just don't have the resources to check every conceivable trade or profession, thankfully.
I did have my own small groundworks company subbing to big house builders in NE for a few years so I can self cert for tractopelle (3cx) and tracked machine, dumper, roller, etc. After looking at course costs today, (WOW!!!! HOW MUCH!!!) I think I am going to have to be a bit creative. :shifty: I could kick myself for losing / misplacing/ chucking out my citb work log book.
Tony

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”