Good job done there, i used to have a 1977 mk2 3C, i ran out of diesel and did the usual refilled bled and it wouldn't start so i fitted a new lift pump changed the filters and it still wouldn't start, i dont know if yours is the same but mine had a feed from the tank up to the top of the engine fuel lines, i detached the plastic pipe and blew down it, There was a load plop and then diesel started to run out of the pipe so re fitted it and the digger started, The old machines have so much crap in the bottom of the tank, i know of some people that have cut holes in them then washed them out. The wiring is always fun on those 3c's its pretty simple but the wiring goes brittle with age. I would just make up new lengths and run it alongside the original wiring. I would change the oil fairly regularly over the years those engines got a lot of abuse. The brakes are usually pretty poor although mine were good they are pretty easy to sort out there is a couple of good videos on YouTube showing the brakes and freeing them off etc. Good luck with the jobs and lets see some pictures of it working, i will look out a few pics of my old one and post for you.
Thanks. Was a testing day as i had 20 tonnes of hardcore delivered next day and JCB was sat where it needed to be! That and today i had to use JCB to load a 3T dumper to shift it all. Thankfully we now have it all inside when the heavens opened!
I did actually run it out of diesel some 12 months ago. Put more in, bled it and its ran ever since. God knows how! The wiring i will sort. I now have one front working light sorted. Need to get the one on the rear working. I say one on front and rear as two had such back reflectors, they crumbled when i removed the lamps! There is one pretty good one and two ok ones. All have had a coat of red oxide primer, then the reflector had a coat of chrome effect spray paint just to try and help it 'reflect'
I refitted the front one after bolting the lamp earth through the cab rather than under the mounting screw. Worked better than trying the orignal way. I then put power to the output of the switch and hey presto it worked. Just need to get power to the switch now
I did manage to dismantle the switch, find it had half a ton of crud inside it. Cleaned it up (the illumination blub fell off) and now the switch works.
I ordered a new universal oil pressure gauge pipe yesterday too along with the correct brand new fuel pump as a spare. Hoping the oil pressure pipe i ordered has the right ends
With all these electrics working, I really MUST get on finding more glass for the cab. I have sourced a used fixed window to replace the sliding window frame. I may one day sort out some glass for the sliding frame and put it back. I need to find glass for the front windscreen and the door at bare minimum to keep the weather away from my dash.