Here's one i finished earlier

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Here's one i finished earlier

Post #1 by topkit » Sat May 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Just put the finishing touches to this december 88 3cx 1 owner since it was two years old, it even has the original Holt JCB stickers on it still which i masked up and kept. :thumbup:

Land Rover

Re: Here's one i finished earlier

Post #2 by Land Rover » Mon May 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Lovely stuff , very well done .
Looks brand new . :D

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Is it as nice inside? Looks very smart and I guess one of the earlier Grey cabs?

Topic author
topkit

Post #4 by topkit » Mon May 07, 2018 8:13 pm

It's not bad inside, i gave the floor a scrub with a degreaser then put the pressure cleaner inside and it has come up really well, All lights, wipers, handbrake works, all of the grase points work top and bottom steering joints are good, Its roadworthy That last owner had it from when it was just under two years old, i am looking forward to putting it to work for a while until i sell it on, i need it o support the backhoe on my MF860 while i re pin the boom,

Jeremy Rowland

Post #5 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon May 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Very nice David top job there :claphands: :thumbup: you have yourself a very tidy machine.

Jeremy

justamin

Post #6 by justamin » Tue May 08, 2018 10:01 pm

That's a really nice job - well done!

Topic author
topkit

Post #7 by topkit » Sat May 26, 2018 9:02 pm

So like Jeremy i have two machines that i have been working on 1. The 3cx in the above pictures and also this one owner from new MF860 it has had a full service and a few niggles sorted out the biggest money saver was a printed circuit board which would have cost around 400 notes to put right until i gave it to a TV enghineer and he found a 19p resistor needed de soldering and replacing job done. I have made use of the warm weather and sanded down zinc primed and painted her new decals went on today and a few pictures for you all to see. Enjoy!

essexpete

Post #8 by essexpete » Sat May 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Perhaps you have not used them in anger yet but I was wondering how you rate them against each other? I suppose the MF is slightly more modern?

Topic author
topkit

Post #9 by topkit » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am

Essexpete, i had a Fermec 860 a few years back and this current one i was using last week, The 3cx is much larger as soon as you get in the cab you realise how big it is, The massey feels smaller but it punches way above its weight. Obviously the 3cx is non turbo and the massey is Turbo so the power gain is noticable, The massey has those large 20" front wheels so will go anywhere, It has loads more pushing power than the 3cx has, Unfortunately i have never had a 3CX turbo so i cant do a real comparison. These Massey Fermec machines are underated i know a lot of farmers prefer them, The Massey is a 94 year machine and i also had a 3cx project 8 machine again 94 year and i would say i prefer the Massey i like the back end with the slew rams which feel more precise compared to the 3cx rack and pinion slew set up probably why the later 3cx machines have slew rams now. i have had no problems in getting parts for it either, although Massey, Fermec then Terex and now recently taken over by the French company Mecalac, We will have to see how the spares situation goes with this French company.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”