3C2 axle kingpins

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

3C2 axle kingpins

Post #1 by SiH » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi all,
Could any of you point me in the right direction as where to find some illustrations of the front axle kingpins for a JCB 3C2 please? I’ve looked on the downloads and cant find any decent pics, or I’ve been a plank and missed them :shock:
(I’ve got the front wheels off for the first time, as am intending to stick some 18 inch ones on (once I’ve finished altering the offset of them), and noticed that the kingpins are pretty well worn,as are the trackrod ends but that is in the pipeline anyway.)
Can kingpin parts still be got hold of? I havnt found any yet for mine, but masses for later machines.
Any advice or tips glady taken on board.
:)

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 3C2 axle kingpins

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:00 pm

SiH wrote:Hi all,
Could any of you point me in the right direction as where to find some illustrations of the front axle kingpins for a JCB 3C2 please? I’ve looked on the downloads and cant find any decent pics, or I’ve been a plank and missed them :shock:
(I’ve got the front wheels off for the first time, as am intending to stick some 18 inch ones on (once I’ve finished altering the offset of them), and noticed that the kingpins are pretty well worn,as are the trackrod ends but that is in the pipeline anyway.)
Can kingpin parts still be got hold of? I havnt found any yet for mine, but masses for later machines.
Any advice or tips glady taken on board.
:)

Simon I think that Vicary Plant may be able to help you with spare parts I would guess that Kingpins and bushes would still be available for that machine I cannot see why not; if for any reason they are not you could soon get a local engineering company to make some for you, they are not that complex a parts to make. You could even make some yourself if you have access to a lathe and have some engineering skill; make them out of EN24T and get them hardened and ground, the bushes would be made from PB1.

Jeremy

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Re: 3C2 axle kingpins

Post #3 by SiH » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks for the info Jeremy. Good to hear parts should still be available too. I was hoping to find an exploded diagram to see what its like inside, but if its a simple as you say I might just as well strip it down and have a look at the damage! Funnily enough, I got hold of a lathe and an old Renault milling machine earlier this year that were heading for the scrap pile. But they need motors sorting and a fair bit of fettling before I could play with them- another project!! ;)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”