1985 3Cx extra dig ; help please

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 1985 3Cx extra dig ; help please

Post #11 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:01 pm

topendtrev wrote:I think perhaps I do not explain properly. I checked oil and water then filled with fuel then started work & 20 minutes later she cut out. As the engine was running I think something must have happened to cause it to stop. As it cranks fine no bad noises wondering if injector pump failure or such like, however I can still do as you suggest and see if fuel at injectors and if not then hm will report tomorrow

thanks

Trev check your lift pump first just in case that failed; the system could also have drawn some air into it so first bleed it through and try and start her again, if she fires up okay and runs for a bit but then cuts out I would be looking a bad low pressure fuel line sucking air or at the lift pump, fix up a temporary gravity fed fuel system see if she runs on that okay.

Jeremy

topendtrev
Flag: Ireland

Post #12 by topendtrev » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Local wizard Ray came up and he located a filter atop the glass fuel bowl was blocked solid he fitted a new one and with a few heavy sighs and barks away she went. The thing is I knew the bowl was there it looked full I didn't know it had a filter ion top,

thanks to all & don't think for a second that's my last cry for help ; oh re the torque / shuttle Ray showed me the dipstick and it read zero ; so in a sense that's good [ I think] at least a reason for lack of drive,

bye guys,

Trev .

Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 pm

topendtrev wrote:Local wizard Ray came up and he located a filter atop the glass fuel bowl was blocked solid he fitted a new one and with a few heavy sighs and barks away she went. The thing is I knew the bowl was there it looked full I didn't know it had a filter ion top,

thanks to all & don't think for a second that's my last cry for help ; oh re the torque / shuttle Ray showed me the dipstick and it read zero ; so in a sense that's good [ I think] at least a reason for lack of drive,

bye guys,

Trev .

Glad you got it sorted Trev :claphands:

Jeremy

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”