1993 3cx brakes any ideas help !

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 1993 3cx brakes any ideas help !

Post #11 by topkit » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

I got the paint on Ebay item number 250378799818 its a synthetic enamel based paint, you can thin it down using cellulose thinners, I usually mix the paint 70% to 30% thinners it goes off quite quickly and if you get a run it can be rubbed out quickly. I even used it on the plastic mudguards with no reaction of any kind, i normally descale and sand down the paintwork using the fibre discs on my angle grinder that Halfords sell, it takes any rust straight off to shiny metal. I then prime up using that zinc 182 based primer. I have done several machines and the paint lasts very well in all weathers. I think my priming is actually better than they used on Fermecs and New Hollands! I :D

Land Rover

Post #12 by Land Rover » Fri May 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks , I had a look at that paint , I see the guy has a lot of sales .
How far does 1 litre get you ?.
I spray painted a Landy in enamel and had mixed results .
I was looking at Polyurethane paint on ebay and there is someone selling 20 ltr drums for under 100 quid . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skip-paint-ha ... zJ_chbIu5g

I have a 5ltr can of old formula smoothrite that I got at a car boot sale , but it's not going to last forever .

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by topkit » Fri May 05, 2017 10:08 pm

I didn't spray the whole machine as i don't like seeing them too spived up, i did the whole dipper part of the boom rear wheels, mudguards, front part of the loader arms and bucket and 3 Litres did the job, as i mentiond i added thinners at about 30% thinners to 70% paint, i use a gravity fed sray gun as they dont waste any paint i do a dust coat first then a second coat, you will find that it covers very well. I am going to do my Ford 5610 tractor next and will purchase from the same company they are pretty fast on delivery and there paint shades seem to be spot on.

Land Rover

Post #14 by Land Rover » Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks topkit .
It is always good to hear how other people are doing the job :thumbup: and getting good results :bow: .
I have the wheels and bonnet area all painted up and looking good , makes a world of difference .
I will keep that paint supplier in mind when I get a bit further on with the work .
Thanks for the info , Gordon .

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”