JCB 3CX Project 7 Shovel Reset

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Scooby
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3CX Project 7 Shovel Reset

Post #11 by Scooby » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:59 pm

pgplantservices wrote:hi scoob
on the o/s loader bucket tilt ram there is a rod and micro switch,when the lever is held over to the return to dig position the magnet on the underside of the spool valve is energised.
as the bucket ram curls back the rod moves back until it switches the micro switch which in turns breaks the circuit to the magnet on the bucket spool
then the spool returns to the neutral position.
the return to dig position is altered/ adjusted by moving the switch on the ram whilst the bucket is in the dig/flat position
hope this helps

Thanks for that. I'll have a go with it next time I'm on the machine. Something else that has struck me. Does this work when using the up/down lever to crowd the bucket or with the 4 in 1 lever because if you push that sideways it also tips/crowds the bucket ? Or does it work with both ?
Six up front .............................means plenty of grunt.

Image Image

diggerjones

Post #12 by diggerjones » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 am

The 2 levers are connected. Example, if your grabbing something with 4 in1, you pull back on grab lever and push lever to right to crowd. If it weren't connected you would need 2 hands to do this operation. I know because my machines levers are not connected in spool block

Scooby

Post #13 by Scooby » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:14 am

diggerjones wrote:The 2 levers are connected. Example, if your grabbing something with 4 in1, you pull back on grab lever and push lever to right to crowd. If it weren't connected you would need 2 hands to do this operation. I know because my machines levers are not connected in spool block

Thanks for that. Is there any way that I can test this bit of kit to see that it's working as it should ?

Image Image

Scooby

Post #14 by Scooby » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:24 pm

You're never too old to learn !!! I bought my first JCB3 in 1969 and have owned various machines ever since. Always JCB, always 180 machines. But I never knew about this "return to level" arrangement. In fairness I think this is the only machine that I have owned that has had the arrangement fitted but I am quite annoyed with myself for not questioning what it was for. :oops:

I tried it today and it works fine. I think I need to adjust it a bit because the bucket doesn't look quite level to me, it looks as it might dig slightly so I will get and play with that.

In the meantime thanks to everyone on here who has pointed this facility out. I have always levelled the bucket by eye, going by the top edge of the bucket. Now I can get all professional about it. :D :D :D

Thanks again folks.

Image Image

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”