Wanted 9" bucket for a 3cx in North Yorkshire

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Mabel
Flag: France

Wanted 9" bucket for a 3cx in North Yorkshire

Post #1 by Mabel » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

As the title says, I am after a 9" bucket to fit my 3cx. Preferably to hire as I am only likely to need it for the one job. Would consider buying one but would have to be cheap as unlikely to use it again! I live near York but will travel sensible distance if anyone can help. I need it for August. Thanks in advance chaps
Tony

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Wanted 9" bucket for a 3cx in North Yorkshire

Post #2 by diggerjones » Mon May 16, 2016 10:04 pm

I've got a 12" bucket, one with teeth and one without. You can borrow if you want. I'm in South cheshire. Will it be going to france

Topic author
Mabel

Post #3 by Mabel » Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 pm

It will be going to France :) The job I have is to dig out for a land drain between my house and a stone stable block that was built too close. The gap is only 10 or 11". I thought a 12" bucket without teeth or side cutters would do..... but it's a long way to take it to find out it's too big. Thanks for the offer though. I think I will struggle to find a 9" bucket. They do exist, but 400 quid is a bit steep for one job!

diggerjones
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by diggerjones » Mon May 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Well there's one here if you want it. If it's that tight you will struggle to get the dipper in there. Also with a smaller bucket you need smaller pins.
I had a 9" bucket on a machine once, it was a lot longer than a normal bucket so as to keep pins out of the trench

Topic author
Mabel

Post #5 by Mabel » Mon May 16, 2016 11:18 pm

I remember the odd shape and size of them from years ago when the boom in fitting cable for tv networks was on. I hated street digging! I am back out to France in July. I will measure the job again to see if I can get a 12" bucket in. Just out of interest, is the bucket 12" over the side cutters or the physical size of the bucket? If ot measures at 11" I may get away with it. Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”