Hydraclamps won't release?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Hydraclamps won't release?

Post #1 by SiH » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Evening boys,
Slowly getting used to using the 3C2 now when I get the chance. Still really impressed how good they are in many ways-and why do some people slate them like they do?! I don't understand that.
I freed off the hydra clamp lever the other day,with a little persuasion and wd@@. Read a few posts on here about them too. I tried to release them today to hopefully slide the back actor across. The valve seems to work ok when you use another service to load it. The top two seemed to free off after a bit,but the bottom two didn't release enough,and the thing moved a fraction but not a lot. It looks like the bottom 2 are overtightened,as the hole for the split pin in the clamp bolt is out of reach for the castleated nut to be effective,and the cup itself looks pretty tight against the casting.
Before I attempt to undo the lower 2 clamp nuts a bit, to help loosen it, do any of you have any tips to prevent any major dramas?!
Cheers all.
:)

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Hydraclamps won't release?

Post #2 by jcb4cx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:51 pm

did you pick the weight of the machine up with them released ?, also can pay to "bounce" the backacter a few times to , also slew 90 degrees and push down with the bucket on each side too , will help to loosen everything up
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
SiH

Post #3 by SiH » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks Graham, and yep,did pretty much all of the things you said. Maybe I wasnt brutal enough with it, or didn't keep at it long enough. I might park alongside a pile of soil,and try pushing against it sideways to help slide it across.
What I don't want to do is burst a seal or hose if I can help it,but I'll give it another go soon. :shock:

jcb4cx

Post #4 by jcb4cx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:46 pm

yes its helpful to have something solid to push on , if you get it to move , best to spend a bit of time pushing it side to side
every village has one , is yours missing you

Tillywolves

Post #5 by Tillywolves » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 pm

Yes, mine has been put to work after having a winter break... and the back actor took some bouncing about before it moved... Use the back actor so it lifts at the same time as pushing... When I first tired it I tore a hose, as someone had used one that was too short, so it kinked and split, before it had even reached the end of its travel along the rail...

Topic author
SiH

Post #6 by SiH » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 am

Good idea,-to clean any crap off that's obstructing it. The machine was parked up for around 6 years before I got it! On an exposed hillside,so that has helped seize everything a treat. The lower clamps do look too tight though,-do you think I'll make problems if I slacken them a bit(if I can!)?
Thanks for your help chaps.

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:01 pm

I think the lower ones will appear to look tight as the weight of the hoe twists the kingpost away at the top on releasing the clamps. There is a bit of a knack to it as I seem to remember. Try to get the king post reasonably level and then nudge away by rolling the bucket away with the teeth gripping or against a bank. If you over use the dipper you will find the post twists too much on the rails. Sorry if I am STBO!

Topic author
SiH

Post #8 by SiH » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Thanks Pete- I see what you mean about it twisting a little too. I'll have a go again at the weekend,and let you know how it goes. Just hope I don't break anything in the process! :?

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”