3Cmk3 Stuck jack leg

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Tillywolves
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 3Cmk3 Stuck jack leg

Post #11 by Tillywolves » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:22 pm

Pictures, no problem... I'll see if I can stretch to a video as well.... :rockon:

Im going to try a few things first, swapping over the hoses from the other leg at the spool, just to eliminate that. Im getting a little more confident with my JCB now, having had a long chat with a hydraulic engineering firm, in Trentham, Hydraline. They made up a new hose for me, and I had the 50p tour of the workshop, with lots and lots of advice thrown in. Very helpful guy. They have a good supplier of chrome bar, and will make me a new rod up if needed.

http://www.hydra-line.co.uk/index.html
Last edited by Tillywolves on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topkit

Post #12 by topkit » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Oh Monsieur ambassador with the videos you are really spoiling us now! :D

Mikerb

Post #13 by Mikerb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:20 pm

When I resealed some rams on my 3CX, I asked my friendly local hydraulic company the best way to remove the retaining nut, and he told me to hit the thread with a hammer all the way round. It worked a treat, didn't need a 20ft extension on the 3ft Stiltons to undo them.

topkit

Post #14 by topkit » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:28 pm

You were lucky i used a large adjustable with a 6 ft scaffold pole it came undone very easily though in hindsight i could have probably done what you did but i like to have the leverage to hand before i start one of these jobs.

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #15 by Tillywolves » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Ripping out a tree stump today, and a bit of grading, the leg has now started to work again perfectly. Strange, but welcome.

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #16 by Tillywolves » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Right, further to this saga. Just got home and have taken a few snaps for the guy who wanted some information on the jack hammer.

Tracing the hoses I found that the right side jack hammer feed hose is connected to a lever on the right side of the cab. The feed from the right leg jack spool is 5/8, which foxed me. It seems the control lever once operated, diverts the fluid through the jack hammer circuit, instead of the jack leg ram hose feed.I'd accidentally pressed the lever so the jack ram wasnt getting any fluid feed. Thats why my leg wasnt working. The reason the engine was put under strain to a stall, was that the output to what was the jack hammer is blanked off.

So, when it was new, operating the diverter lever, turned the right jacking leg spool valve into the jack hammer operating lever... clever.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”