Clutch stuck on 3c?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Re: Clutch stuck on 3c?

Post #11 by SiH » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Yep-so I`ve seen-thanks Richard. Brilliant they are too eh? I think I`ll be using them a lot! ;)

Topic author
SiH

Post #12 by SiH » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Could any of you guys tell me the best/cheapest way to get a clutch for the 3c? and what sort of money are they?
Wheres the best place to get parts from generally?
Cheers ;)

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by tctractors » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:38 pm

The clutch on these beasts are right easy to tackle I think around 4 hours usually gets the job done start to finish unless the flywheel needs work, I used to tow a hydrovane compressor to run air spanners to waz them to bits, the heater unit was a faff about but the cover lifts off with a tilt and a tug in no time, you need the loader arms down and some long extension bars on your socket kit, put the seat through the open rear window safe as the floor plates need lifting , the throttle linkage can be a pain? also the wires going to the N/Start switch, don't bother getting any bits until the thing is stripped.
tctractors

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #14 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 am

were these JCB's based on a Nuffield or Leyland if the clutch comes out the top ????they are the only tractors I have seen like that a good idea if they are

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
SiH

Post #15 by SiH » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:11 am

Thats good to know thanks boys! And yep it is nuffield /Leyland based by the look of it. It will be interesting to see what sort of price the clutch is when they get back to me. Looking forward to getting it here now. :)

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #16 by Mrsmackpaul » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:56 pm

you can tell I have never had anything to do with JCB LOL there you go Nuffield your job just got a lot lot easier I dont reckon it would take me 4 hours it would take me a lot longer because well I havent done a JCB / Nuffield but it is a lot easier than a Ford or Massey or just about any thing else car truck etc

If the clutch is just stuck you will be going in a day Tony correct me if Im wrong but you will be living the dream fairly quickly :thumbup:

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #17 by tctractors » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:40 am

A common thing to find is the Flywheel bearing knackered it sits behind a bit of tin held in place by the F/Wheel bolts, I can recall changing a clutch on a 3C11 in a Lunch Break on the Quedgley By-Pass (A38 Glos) this involved undoing the floor plate bolts as the Digger was still working, then myself and the Driver getting stuck in and having the job done by the end of the Break, the Muck Forman was on our case as they would dock you a tanner from your wage if they could, when he turned up at 1-30pm the digger was working away and I was sorting out the kit in my truck, don't buy anything until you strip things out.
tctractors

Topic author
SiH

Post #18 by SiH » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Hope so Paul! I'm getting impatient and want play with it!! ;)
Point noted Jeremy- and thanks for that. You obviously know your stuff luckily for me.- I could well be picking your brains for a long time to come!! And as you say,I won't buy a thing until I've got it apart. Thanks lads! :)

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #19 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Mrsmackpaul wrote:were these JCB's based on a Nuffield or Leyland if the clutch comes out the top ????they are the only tractors I have seen like that a good idea if they are

Paul

As has been said they are based on the Nuffield / Leyland tractor. I just thought I'd mention for the record that the David Brown tractors had the same out through the top arrangement with just a sliding splined sleeve linking the spigot shaft to the gearbox.
Fred

Topic author
SiH

Post #20 by SiH » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Thats interesting to know-Damn good idea isnt it? Saves loads of hassle not having to split the thing in two. :)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”