Airmaster

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Airmaster

Post #11 by grant » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks for your help the Kramer might be worth asking about I've googled our local dealer so I'll pass that on I googled Kramer with rear compressor and a 2005 model came up at an auction but that seems to be as much as I could find

70's steve

Post #12 by 70's steve » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 pm

hi all ,
im glad i've found this thread as i was going to ask the same as above in a new thread in the paving section ,
but like the op , i was told this week that we won't be getting a new one as the news that jcb don't /have stopped making the 2cx airmaster , which has led to our company scratching there heads "what we gonna do now ? " , although my one is an 2008 one , it has done a lot of work and on the go all the time , it maybe a case of trying to buy a newish secondhand one , but i've tried looking at case /international but seem now to concentrate on farm machinery , and new holland / ford are more or less doing the same as jcb , but trouble is the jcb 3cx " pothole master" does'nt help us as a large gang , more so if you've got to break out a patch down a narrow alley , the backhoe / hydraulic breaker is'nt going to reach that far !! think a major boo boo jcb has made, this will affect the surfacing companies , but im i'll be intersted to hear if anyone has heard or seen another manufacturer who makes a airmaster for our needs ,
thank you

XS650

Post #13 by XS650 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 am

Blacktop crews my way have been using the small German loaders with side mounted hoses and hand held hydraulic hammers for a while .

Cemex use JCB 2CX backhoe loaders with a small pecker on the backhoe and again also fitted with a hydraulic hose with small hand held breaker. They find these very handy .

Air hammers gone out favour because of the 'hand arm vibration' factor.
Not all those who wander are lost.

70's steve

Post #14 by 70's steve » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:13 pm

hi all ,
i emailed Kramer last night and enquired about there machine, today i got an email backfrom them , but unforutunately the kramer machine for blacktop work was stopped in 2005 !

Topic author
grant

Post #15 by grant » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:48 pm

I spoke to my boss about the Kramer but they didn't seem to think it would lift high enough I think we're going down the midi cx route and if it doesn't reach into a 6 wheeler we'll just need to put a 10 tonner on the job we are looking to replace 2 54 air masters one for our surfacing squad the other for the squad i'am in but it's only really used for the handheld breaker or for backfilling pavements with recycle so we don't really need the backhoe I wonder if you could fit a compressor on the midi cx

70's steve

Post #16 by 70's steve » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi all,
Don't know if it is true or rumour or just our transport/plant manager giving it BS , but said to us just before Xmas that jcb will be doing the 3cx pothole master with a air compressor in the new year ? Has anyone else heard this or that those that even work for jcb
Thank you

usedjcbdave

Post #17 by usedjcbdave » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:43 pm

The JCB 3CX Pothole master is available and is fitted with quick hitch front shovel,quick hitch sweeper collector.Also hydraulic circuit for hand held breakers.The backhoe comprises of quick hitch and also a patch planer.There is no provision of a compressor similar to the now obsolete 2CX Airmaster.The 2CX Streetmaster is now replaced by the JCB 3CX Compact which from January 2016 is now in full production

IBH

Post #18 by IBH » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:14 pm

I did read that JCB are to offer a Pot hole Master version of 3CX Compact with a trailer, as one of the industry tailored packages. I think this was in Earthmovers magazine.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”