Leaking Backhoe Lever

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
mikefoxo
Flag: Ireland

Leaking Backhoe Lever

Post #1 by mikefoxo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:30 pm

I could do with a bit of advice if someone has the time to spare. My Dads JCB 3MkII has a few oil leaks we're trying to cure. There's a small one on the left lever that controls the backhoe. I tried undoing the four bolts at the top but they were going nowhere and I was afraid I was going to ring them. Would applying heat damage anything nearby? Is it much of a job? I had a look at the online manual and it looks as if there are just a few o-rings to replace?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Leaking Backhoe Lever

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi Mike; I personally would be loathe to use the hot spanner on anything with oil inside, apart from the fact that heat plus oil can lead to fire it could cause damage to the components inside. I am sure that somebody on here will have done this job before or a similar one so they will be able to offer you better advice.
Perhaps a good air impact ratchet would be able to 'shock' the securing pins loose?

Jeremy

frachar

Re: Leaking Backhoe Lever

Post #3 by frachar » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:00 am

Hi Michael,

Francis here from FCSpares.. If you soak with lots of WD40 & give it time they should eventually open. But make sure you use a tight fitting spanner or deep socket as to not round the corners. DON'T use heat!! You can give me a call if you wish & I will advise. You & your dad have bought bits from me in the past.. I should be able to help you out. :)

Regards

Francis

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”