jcb troubles

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

derby

Re: jcb troubles

Post #31 by derby » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:54 am

My mind was going faster than my reading. You have it done. good deal!

Kingpost

Post #32 by Kingpost » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 am

it has been a while since my last post on this site and and your thread encouraged me to write a few things which related to your machine. My first JCB was a similar to yours but it was 4wd and at rear arm is slightly different to yours. Anyway I had a really tough time with it but did not give me any satisfaction except the knowledge in tackling major issues. You are doing a pretty good job but with these machines you need to address the problems correctly why mine was also suddenly slow down when taking a load from the front bucket. first I thought the injector pump which unable accommodate heavy load and it had serviced but the problem remained. Then I looked in to the transmission and replaced many parts, seals cost me a fortune but without luck. Then I purchased a similar recon converter and fitted on but it was still there. Then the transmission pump etc. Finally replaced the torque converter and the whole trauma disappeared just before my possible suicidal attempt. So good luck you need a lot of patience when restoring this but at the end I gave up and bought a electrically operated shuttle system 3CX. ram seals, oil leaks, welding, wiring I couldn't take it any further.

Topic author
marka108

Post #33 by marka108 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:54 pm

well we got the gearbox back yesterday and fitted it in the machine, the shuttle cable search turned up nothing so i fabricated a replacement from some 5mm round bar a small turn buckle and the clevises from the origional cable, it works well and should outlast me so happy with the way its comming together.

just got to sort out the paint work, electricals and a couple of ram seals. oh and the king post bushes.

more updates soon. will be spending the day on her tommorow so will get some more pics and a progress report.

derby

Post #34 by derby » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 pm

You may find when working the machine there may be enough movement in the power train to work your shuttle out of drive with a solid shaft.
Have you tried Ontrack machinery for the cable? they have it and i think ship to your side of the pond.

derby

Post #35 by derby » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:53 pm

www.ontrackmachinery.com they do ship International.

justamin
Flag: Great Britain

Post #36 by justamin » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:23 am

I'm now looking at buying a similar machine and have been told the forward clutch pack is U/S, so I'm interested to know what your's had done?

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”