jbc 3cx '85 - operater manual and transmission issues

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
sms101

jbc 3cx '85 - operater manual and transmission issues

Post #1 by sms101 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:34 am

Hi. Newbie here after finding a 3cx workshop manual in the downloads.

I'm not sure it's the right one for my machine?

serial number is 3cx 318664/p/s

I really need to find an operators manual too if there is one. Any chance one of you could help me out as I thik we are having transmission issues now. We got the machine a year ago and have not really done much maintenance on it. We don't use it that much. Just around our boat yard (hence registering as you wouldn't believe how old the engines are in most boats lol - I reckon this site will help me there too). only for small jobs really. The odd bit of loading or moving stuff, breaking up boats with the backhoe and generally where more muscle than we employ is needed.

We have done some maintenance such as blown hoses, main fluids etc. I really ought to get on with the other 200 grease points after we did some and then got bored :doh: . Finding all of the relevant dipsticks for boxes etc is proving difficult as well as pictures of dash boards and warning lights.

I think we are now having gearbox or auto shift problems. The odd cluck, not wanting to pick up from 2nd and what I assume is the transmission warnign light coming on at idle and sometimes under load too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and then you can rest assured I'll be back. :dizzy: :bow:

Thanks

Neil

TrevorJ
Flag: Australia

Re: jbc 3cx '85 - operater manual and transmission issues

Post #2 by TrevorJ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:38 pm

Topic author
sms101

Post #3 by sms101 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi trevor.

Thanks for those links. These two I already downloaded though. They are for 400001 & 900001 machines and upwards. It'd be nice to find one that covers my machine number. The pictures in those are for the much more rounded models and the dash info is totally different.

Neil

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:30 pm

I guess you have the later electric shift? It could probably do with a trans oil change and filter and then a pressure check by someone who knows those transmissions. It could be forward clutch packs and/or transmission pump that is worn.

Topic author
sms101

Post #5 by sms101 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm liking it on here. Anyone in the worcestershire (stourport) area with such knowledge, that fancies casting an eye over the machine for me, to help me compile of priority list of stuff to do. We have got busy in the yard and I can't really afford to release my lads to service it fully or even to determine the problems.

We basically stole the machine for a song from a good friend who needed it gone, so I am happy to spend a little on it just to make sure I don't kill it. It has more than paid for itself with the jobs it's done to be fair, so needs a little tlc than my knowledge stretches to so as to ensure I don't kill it.

Anderoo

Post #6 by Anderoo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi Newbie on here... but seen early 3cx manual listed on ebay recently...Serial number 290,000 onwards, might help a few out...

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”