JCB 3DMKII with parallel lift!

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

essexpete

Re: JCB 3DMKII with parallel lift!

Post #11 by essexpete » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 am

agrimax wrote:Am thinkin the cabless one in the photo is a 3C Mk111 Powertrain.

I did not even notice the other machine at first glance but it does look like a powertrain dash/wheel.

mambo
Flag: Great Britain

Post #12 by mambo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am

I always thought a 3D had Red writing on JCB badge, and 3C had black writing

Topic author
Joes1989

Post #13 by Joes1989 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:31 am

The cabless machine is definitely a 3C! I've seen it in better places on numerous occasions!

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #14 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 pm

The 3D did have the red logo's and the 3C black. Next to none of these old beauties have their original paint. Most people paint the logos to their own preference rather than originality. If I was painting a logo I'd be painting it red - it looks way better.

That topless 3C appears to have the powertrain dash. That digger deserves a cab but with the weather we're having being topless is all the rage.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

andrew campbell

Post #15 by andrew campbell » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Does anyone know why JCB used this type of link system st the front just on the 3D ??

Stormin

Post #16 by Stormin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:02 am

youngchaz wrote:Does anyone know why JCB used this type of link system st the front just on the 3D ??

My theory is that the heavy double arm arrangement was balanced by the larger back actor on the 3D. The lighter machines such as 2's and 3's would have been front heavy.
The 3D also had a heavier duty hydraulic pump more capable of moving extra fluid in larger rams. Other machines may have struggled for hydraulic capacity.

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #17 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:49 am

Until 1973 these double loading arms were JCB's best option for parallel lift. JCB always prided themselves on the presentation and appearance of their products. Whitlock, Early Fords, the Hymac 370C, and basically all JCB's competitors had an odd look about them. Whitlock in my opinion where the masters at producing quality loaders, but my god they were odd looking. JCB were marketing geniuses as much as engineering and entrepreneurial geniuses. In 1973, JCB abandoned the twin loading arms because of engineering weakness issues as well as looking a bit odd in itself. What replaced it was of course the 3 lever valve block with a float and level raise positions which enabled a parallel lift.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Ianto36

Post #18 by Ianto36 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:30 am

Hi William

I second that motion that Whitlock built quality digger loaders having driven both Whitlock 505 and Jcb 3clll.

Whitlock would outdig Jcb all day long but you are right they were "unique" some may say full of character!

Ian

essexpete

Post #19 by essexpete » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:40 am

TullyveeryClassicJCB wrote:Until 1973 these double loading arms were JCB's best option for parallel lift. JCB always prided themselves on the presentation and appearance of their products. Whitlock, Early Fords, the Hymac 370C, and basically all JCB's competitors had an odd look about them. Whitlock in my opinion where the masters at producing quality loaders, but my god they were odd looking. JCB were marketing geniuses as much as engineering and entrepreneurial geniuses. In 1973, JCB abandoned the twin loading arms because of engineering weakness issues as well as looking a bit odd in itself. What replaced it was of course the 3 lever valve block with a float and level raise positions which enabled a parallel lift.

But not parallel drop!

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”