My friend Mr. Andrews' JCB 3C Mark III Restoration, Co. Kildare, Ireland

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

essexpete

Re: My friend Mr. Andrews' JCB 3C Mark III Restoration, Co. Kildare, Ireland

Post #31 by essexpete » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Just watched the video as well (late lunch break ahem :oops: ) Just need some real dirt! What a treat to see a nice tight slew.

Are the under axle pictures of the same machine? One looks like dry brake system?

ian white

Post #32 by ian white » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm

AlVal wrote:ok , grabbed some video footage and have lots of pics of the restoration in progress, scanning them all in now!

any questions ask away, he's registered on here as Andrewsdig now, is just awaiting account approval.

here's a couple more shots I took today to check out, while I upload the video (fairly decent resolution/quality) to youtube and keep scanning away here :D - That's Pat Andrews himself in the video, he kindly hopped up and started her up and gave me a little demo which I tried to capture - I have my finger over the microphone during the middle of the vid, which kills the sound in the middle , but you can hear it clearly at the beginning and end sections.

cracking job mate, im guessing the machine, is a 1980 model,brings back some good memories for me, well done :D

davidbrown80
Flag: Great Britain

Post #33 by davidbrown80 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:20 pm

what can i say but wow !!!! hope mine looks as good when i get it finished .. well done.
i notice he as the (another genuine jcb ) sticker on the front of the cab . can you tell me where i can get one from? and any other decals that it may be possible to get. .

Dieseljimmer

Post #34 by Dieseljimmer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 pm

Hi Pat and Alan,
Just watched the video Alan, I'm speechless :claphands: Pat, you certainly know how to restore a JCB and operate one!! :bow: The operation of the backhoe is a joy to watch, all the pins are tight and the operation is really smooth, I have some work to do! :bow:
Looking at the pictures of the work you’ve done on the cab rekindled the nightmare that I underwent :dizzy:! That must have been the most arduous part of my rebuild; it seemed to go on for ever :insomnia: ! You’re certainly blessed with a sizable workshop too, keep up the good works :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow: !!

Note to self, video is the way to go :thumbup: !!

DJ

jimmy 130

Post #35 by jimmy 130 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:45 am

Brilliant job there. A real credit to you. Im not sure if this is the best place to mention this,but i was recently in a scrap yard in northern ireland that had a tidy looking 3c scooting about the yard. This thing was in perfect working order as i saw it working. Anyway a young lad got out of it and left it ticking over in the middle of the yard wile cut sumit up with the setaline burners. Now i didnt see this as much of a problem. but the man driven the grab did as he swung around in a bad temper and took the roof clean off her then grabed the bucket and trailed her onto the top of the pile (wile still ticking over) swear to god i could of cried. Now most of you probly think im talking shit but i have a photo. its not great quailty as it was taken quickly on my phone as i didnt want anyone to see me incase my lorry ended up parked beside it on the pile :D

Now i swear to god and on my life when i took that photo that 3C's engine was sitting running
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shovel418

Post #36 by shovel418 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am

:twisted: I feel the pain jimmy, I know how you feel.
Mike

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #37 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:48 pm

George Flemings Yard? This is one of many in perfect working order to go to this yard. I believe the digger would have earned the owner £1510 before deductions on the rubber wheels. Its desperate times. Nobody in this area is buying anything let alone diggers. I occasionally advertise diggers for sale and the most people are prepared to pay is around 1200 - 1300 for rubber tyre diggers.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Mark.Rive

Post #38 by Mark.Rive » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 pm

TullyveeryClassicJCB wrote:George Flemings Yard? This is one of many in perfect working order to go to this yard. I believe the digger would have earned the owner £1510 before deductions on the rubber wheels. Its desperate times. Nobody in this area is buying anything let alone diggers. I occasionally advertise diggers for sale and the most people are prepared to pay is around 1200 - 1300 for rubber tyre diggers.

I'm in tears too :cry: I need a cab badly ( like I dont have one) I'd have bought it for the cab and let him keep the rest :doh:

Steelfab

Post #39 by Steelfab » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 am

hi does anyone have a contact number for Mr Andrew as he may be able to give me some advise on finding parts to help with the restoration of my 3C MK III - thanks

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”