Hydraclamp problem

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
fingers
Flag: Great Britain

Hydraclamp problem

Post #1 by fingers » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:03 am

Hi All,

When I picked up my new JCB C3X sitemaster 1984 I noticed the hydraclamps on the backhoe are not working, they are fully released so I presume this is a hydraulic issue, My old C3 iii has the lever on the LHS of the back wall of the cab but not sure where the C3X is. There is a small lever in the floor by extra dig foot pedal but its seized solid, from underneath there is a small hydraulic valve which i pushed the 'piston' back by hand but this didn't do anything.

Before I take this apart am i looking in the right direction and are there any tips for taking such things to bits.

thanks as always

Fingers

agrimax

Re: Hydraclamp problem

Post #2 by agrimax » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Lever just to the right of the RH digging lever on my white cab 3cx.The rod is bolted to the column that holds the main levers and runs down into the main valve block into a rotary valve.

Topic author
fingers

Post #3 by fingers » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks,

Not sure that lever works either, will need to play with it at the weekend. It doesn’t look like the position of the back actor has been moved for years judging by the rust and building up of grime on the main body. Any idea what the lever in the floor is for; it looks like the hydraulics is linked to the main valve block. there's is a hinged flap on the floor which i assume you would lift slide the lever across and put the flap down to lock in position which i assumed would be for the Hydra clamp.

cheers

Topic author
fingers

Post #4 by fingers » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks Robin,

Managed to strip down the lever, clean the valve and re tighten everything and it works :thumbup: It releases when the pump is not running so I'll keep an eye on it.

Any idea what the lever in the floor is for ? It doesn't move and I'm not too bothered as everything seems to work, just curious

cheers

Fingers

agrimax

Post #5 by agrimax » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 am

Probably shouldn't release when the engine is stopped,but as long as the clamps stay tight when the lever is in the ''on'' position,you should be fine.
Can,t think what the other lever is for.Is your digger piped for a hammer as well as having extradig,by any chance? Can you post a picture of said lever?

Topic author
fingers

Post #6 by fingers » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:50 pm

digger0002.jpg

digger0001.jpg

Hi,

It could have been for a piped for a hammer or something, there is a fixed pipe down the outside LHS of the arm but it's been disconnected, and looks like it hasn't been used for years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

agrimax

Post #7 by agrimax » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:14 pm

If there is a pipe on the boom then there must have been a hammer or other attachment at a time.I would guess that the lever may work a change over valve for the extradig pedal.ie you could work the hammer from the same pedal without disconnecting/changing hoses.Just a thought.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”