snap on toolbox

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

snap on toolbox

Post #1 by grant » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

thought i would upload a couple of pics of my new toolbox that i picked up from the paint shop yesterday after a long wait i have to say i'am very pleased with the result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: snap on toolbox

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Nice piece of artwork there Grant :thumbup: if I'd had that sort of thing put on my old toolbox it would of been damaged in no time at all as the place where I worked was a sh*t tip to say the least, the best I ever decorated one of my toolboxes with was the odd Sed Atki or Cummins badge.

Jeremy

Topic author
grant

Post #3 by grant » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 pm

I no i'am really pleased with it it didn't cost as much as I thought it would cost to get the artwork done i'am not going to use it for work it will just be kept in the garage at home and used for odd jobs at home I have started buying snap on tools for it aswel I just buy tools when they are on special offer

Mark.Rive

Post #4 by Mark.Rive » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Nice box :thumbup: i dont think you can beat snap-on myself. Brought a set of af spanners and deep 6 sided sockets, along with a selection of screw drivers when I started my apprenticeship after school. That was in 1978, still have them. Only one i broke was the 7/16 socket by smacking it onto a corroded bolt head. Guy came along and just replaced it. also did one philips screw driver and replaced a ratchet along the way. I confess to owning some real naff spanners aswell though :oops: Cheers Mark

Topic author
grant

Post #5 by grant » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah snap on is probably the best there is I've always wanted a snap on tool set the guy comes to our workshop every Friday so far I've got a spanner set a screwdriver set and set with a knife and tape measure I fancy a socket set next

modelman093

Post #6 by modelman093 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 am

No doubt that Snap on stuff is good but b expensive. Did you see the guy on ebay a while back selling about 30k worth?! Facom and Beta are good alternatives and prices are a bit more negotiable.
I've still got some of the old proper Britool stuff bought in the mid 60s - combination spanners and sockets that are as good as new. Also some Matador and Elora whitworth open ended and ring spanners from the late 50s - cheapish in their day but still perfectly serviceable and essential for the vintage and classic machines. Buy the best you can afford and look after it!

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #7 by Holger » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 am

Wow! Nice box!
Some resources:
How-To

shovel418

Post #8 by shovel418 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 pm

:o wow that is some paint work on that box :bow: , I think if I had this I would never use the box, my box is full of stickers and burn marks from welding, but after looking at your box I might give it a new coat of paint, :thumbup:

Mike

andyb

Post #9 by andyb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Amazing paintwork , I would never use it , i would frame it LOL.

Andy

Topic author
grant

Post #10 by grant » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Think I will frame it lol it will just be sat in the garage at home and used occasionally any dirty greasy jobs I will use my old tools I just buy snap on tools as and when they are on offer or when funds allow til I get the box filled up the guy who did it for me has done one before for a mechanic at my local John Deere dealer would be interesting to see how the paintwork has faired on it

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”