3D Rev counter one of many things to fix.

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Tim_Arnold
Flag: Great Britain

3D Rev counter one of many things to fix.

Post #1 by Tim_Arnold » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Ok sketches sent to fabricators to get the rust in the cab fixed, while i am waiting I want to get some other bits working. I have removed the drive cable from the back and it does not turn nor can it be turned. I have traced the other end and guess the rad will need to come out for access. now from experience can anyone tell me if its the cable or the drive gear thats most likely to have failed, then I need part numbers and were to source from.
Tim Arnold
http://www.parklandsholidays.co.uk
JCB 3D3, Benford 1ton Dumper, Benford Pedestrian Roller.

magreg88

Re: 3D Rev counter one of many things to fix.

Post #2 by magreg88 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Last week I take mine out. It's a cable drive and it was seized. the other end of the cable is near the fuel pump, on the front of the engine under the cooling fan. The cable it self mesure 91'' in my 3D mk3 and i don't find any place to buy it here in Canada!, i might look on the net!

Mark.Rive

Post #3 by Mark.Rive » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:26 pm

You can remove the tacho drive unit from the timing cover without removing the rad for sure. The drive does seize. The part number if you need one is 02/300113 for drive. Gasket 813/00197. I'll look up the cable later, its not easy to find on the parts list because its not listed with the drive or the instrument cluster :doh: Cheers Mark

Ah, there it is. under "Electrics-engine-xx" :doh: Cable part no= 109/77400 :thumbup:

Topic author
Tim_Arnold

Post #4 by Tim_Arnold » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Mark

Thanks for that, gonna have to get busy with the degreaser as everthing enginewise is black and furry. Then I will be able to see whats what.

Now if anyone is scrapping something similar, the front grille has taked a bash on the RH side which has been badly straigtened, by the time I have cut out the damage it would be easier to cut the whole lot off and replace it. If you can help let me know your price and where you are.
Tim Arnold
http://www.parklandsholidays.co.uk
JCB 3D3, Benford 1ton Dumper, Benford Pedestrian Roller.

Hugh Jaleak

Post #5 by Hugh Jaleak » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Tim, it might be worth giving these guys a shout see if they've anything that'll suit. http://www.vicaryplant.co.uk/

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”