Jcb 3c 2 fuel problem

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
andrewpratt

Jcb 3c 2 fuel problem

Post #1 by andrewpratt » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:23 pm

I have a jcb 3c 2 and after working it all day it wouldn't start. First I thought I was out of diesel, but after filling it up and bleeding it I found a problem. There was diesel coming from the union at the into the fuel filters, there was diesel coming from the bleed screws either side of the throttle body but no diesel when I loosened the unions onto the injectors. I removed the pipes from the back of the throttle body and there was no diesel coming from them. I removed the throttle body and checked there was no blockages in the banjo fittings etc. The throttle is fully open and the stop valve is open. Has anyone any ideas I'm out of them. Cheers

martyn williams

Re: Jcb 3c 2 fuel problem

Post #2 by martyn williams » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:01 am

Give the fuel pump body a tap,you may have a sticking rack or the fuel stop is in stop position.
Martyn

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Jcb 3c 2 fuel problem

Post #3 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 am

It definately sounds like your fuel supply stop is stuck in the closed position. Even though the lever on the outside of the pump is free, a spring like mechanisn on the inside of the pump may not be allowing the supply of fuel. A tap on the pump works sometimes to free up the dirt but the best thing to do would be to remove the top of the pump and give it a good clean.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”