The new JCB 3cx eco

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

grant
Flag: Great Britain

Re: The new JCB 3cx eco

Post #41 by grant » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:23 pm

I find the x pattern fine to use but that is all I have used I take bad using our cat which is iso I think I suppose it's just what you're used to

polishbuilt

Post #42 by polishbuilt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:58 pm

grant wrote:just out of interest which model did you have a demo of did it have servo control or manual i have heard a few people say the servos are a nightmare to grade with etc i have always fancied a shot of a volvo they look a well built machine

it was a x pattern.....but it was really odd to grade with....when you put a 5 ft ditcher on to scrape up a hard surface,halfway through the cycle,it paused,threw a little wobbler,gave a little kick through the levers and then regained speed again.....i ve never known the older 3cx s drive like this......it s nightmare to grade soft ground with by comparisson.

polishbuilt

Post #43 by polishbuilt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:I have had nothing to do with the more modern JCB backhoe loaders but I found the cross corner setup of the levers harder to use than the usuall set up.Wonder why JCB continued using this setup.I bet they sales would increase if they had the lever setup other manufacturers.I think its very important that we support British products but also these companies must listen to its customers.
Martyn

evening martyn.......the reason they stick with the x pattern is that its extremely well liked by the operators than can grasp it...your arm movements with a x pattern are extremely "fluid like".......throwing the dipper out and rolling the bucket for example are a very smooth operation with an x pattern......the secret for me was starting on x and then its easy to adapt to the others......the stick arrangement also gives more "lee way" when the jack legs get worn and the machine gets a bit of rock on......servos on a worn backhoe leave me very tense......long live the x pattern ;)

martyn williams

Post #44 by martyn williams » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks for the explanation Paul :thumbup: and welcome to CMN
Martyn

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #45 by Martyn Henley » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Found this on the news today ... great short bit showing a 1979 3Cmk3 with jaw back bucket ..and it about how much is made of the JCB range in other countries ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8649814.stm

Martyn

jcbjs220

Post #46 by jcbjs220 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Martyn Henley wrote:Found this on the news today ... great short bit showing a 1979 3Cmk3 with jaw back bucket ..and it about how much is made of the JCB range in other countries ..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8649814.stm

Martyn

Great find Martyn, I know there was a news paper article in the Sunday Times the other week that Bamford had written saying the same the the UK's manufacturing industry is down the pan. And you cant argue with the fact they are having to look abroad to get their componants supplied at the right price and at the right time. But its good to hear that JCB are inviting UK companies to try and compete, I just hope that they will be able to!

hiluxman
Flag: St Lucia

Post #47 by hiluxman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:39 pm

I regually hire a cat 432d and they have servo's and even with wear on the arm i can still level off soft grond and use it extremly smoothly and i aint the best driver by any means.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”