Looking For A New Steering Wheel JCB 3MkII

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
mikefoxo
Flag: Ireland

Looking For A New Steering Wheel JCB 3MkII

Post #1 by mikefoxo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am

Hi everyone, looking to get a new wheel for the fathers machine. Had a quick google and can't find an exact replacement, does anyone still make this style? I'd heard Charnleys was reproducing them but they appear different too. The machine we have is based on a Nuffield 4/65. Thanks
http://i45.tinypic.com/icr8ex.jpg

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Looking For A New Steering Wheel JCB 3MkII

Post #2 by agrimax » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:08 am

Apart from the colour,is the QM and Explorer cabbed Leyland and Marshall wheel different too?

super6954
Flag: Canada

Post #3 by super6954 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi
There probably isn't a new steering wheel for that machine, unless JCB have one at huge costs, like everybody needing "original new parts" finds out if it's in stock with them.
With you being in Ireland there are several breakers yards advertise on the online classified site DoneDeal, I've seen them while I was looking at buying a JCB 3cx machine to import to Canada. They would probably have something used for a 3c. There are several guys in the U.K to break machines like Vicary plant, so try google searching used parts and see what comes up.
I hope that helps, as even finding a new old stock/used on Ebay might cost more than half the machines worth like when i'm looking for odd ball stuff for my 3D3 L.O.L
Regards Robert

le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Post #4 by le.maisonniau » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 am

Just looked at the wheel :lol: Don't they say 'half a wheel is better than none'
But, I was just wondering if a Ferguson wheel would not fit on there? Iv'e had a 3CX and still got a fergy 35 and the wheels look very similar, the keyway may be slightly different but could be adapted.
Good luck
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”