Terex Scraper New Zealand

Discuss scrapers here

nick lamb

Re: Terex Scraper New Zealand

Post #11 by nick lamb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Out of mild curiosity I just had a peak at the e.bay 24.......What can I say?.It's certainly all there and a first class example of an iconic machine of its day.To a collector,it's perfect and would require nothing so could be a fair price for such a beast.However,who is going to want it other than the scrap man?.Nobody really runs them in this country any more and I doubt it wouldn't attract overseas investors.The cost of transporting it and maintaining it even for show days is not for the faint hearted or the financially challenged.I suspect that a wealthy collecter will find a home for it,or the scrap man.It would be terrible to scrap it. :(
P.S,I thought all Kelston Sparkes 24's were weighed in for scrap money when times were hard??

Jeremy Rowland

Post #12 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:44 pm

nick lamb wrote:Out of mild curiosity I just had a peak at the e.bay 24.......What can I say?.It's certainly all there and a first class example of an iconic machine of its day.To a collector,it's perfect and would require nothing so could be a fair price for such a beast.However,who is going to want it other than the scrap man?.Nobody really runs them in this country any more and I doubt it wouldn't attract overseas investors.The cost of transporting it and maintaining it even for show days is not for the faint hearted or the financially challenged.I suspect that a wealthy collecter will find a home for it,or the scrap man.It would be terrible to scrap it. :(
P.S,I thought all Kelston Sparkes 24's were weighed in for scrap money when times were hard??

Always sad to see a classic machine scrapped! :cry: I acknowledge that the practicalities of saving such machines are nigh on impossible unless you are lucky enough to have wads of spare cash, but it would be nice to see a few of these machines saved from the gas axe!

Jeremy

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by bigkit » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:36 am

CASH and SPACE thats what you need. Shame!

Gawd blimmey Nickey it takes a true anorak to see thats a Yank model 24! :o :lol: :bow:

Return to “Scrapers”