BLACKWELL Scrapers M40 Construction

Discuss scrapers here

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: BLACKWELL Scrapers M40 Construction

Post #11 by tctractors » Fri May 24, 2013 9:09 pm

The " Slasher " is the Muck Shift Forman, his word is final, he sets off the days work and keeps things rolling, logs all kit working and men on paid work on the day, deals with any issues regards R,Engineers and Main Contractor, orders fuel as required also often oversees parts and repair costings plus load counts, on a small Scraper outfit he is Dynamite with all the plates spinning and an ear to the Weather forcast, on big outfits running 7 or more Scrapers he is more focused on Muck and Fuel with other skins sorting the office work and load counts, but the Slasher spots near all the Site activity and sharp fires off skins that are not up to snuff, as a fitter on muck shifts you soon get sorted with the Slasher, as he needs to be confident with you, and you need to know he is not asking for the unobtainable, a Scraper that never breaks down??
tctractors

stui

Re: BLACKWELL Scrapers M40 Construction

Post #12 by stui » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Robert Guy wrote:My Dad took this of me near Randalstown in N Ireland i think.
He worked for blackwells when they were doing the M1 there.
Me and TS24.jpg

Ask your dad if he can remember a driver being killed on the randalstown section. He hit a bridge on a scraper. The m22.there was a guy jimmy o melvana who ran dozer for a while for Blackwell. On the m2 which the m22 merges off from.

Return to “Scrapers”