SHEPHARD HILL SCRAPERS

Discuss scrapers here

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: SHEPHARD HILL SCRAPERS

Post #11 by tctractors » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 pm

The photo of the Shepard Hill D8-Box with the pilot in Fancy Dress working against the big Clock must be from about 1958-60, the D8 is on a short 6 roller frame so it must be a CAT display thing about the new Glasgow Factory built products from its early days, I worked on a Site once that had 2 D8H's of Elliots contractors, the drivers had both driven their tractors from new, I was told they never took any holidays off ever, only having wet time out of the seat, they were a clever pair of pilots that managed to service and look after their mounts to a high degree, they would sheet them up every night (No Cabs) when it rained out came the Army Capes and wide brim Hats, I now know it was as good as it gets.

poncho

Post #12 by poncho » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Guys. I think the last picture was at farmore reservoir I worked there in the 70s. Dave Ogden was the agent. I then moved to Ardingly reservoir in sussex.I will dig out some old photos and put them on here for you to browse through, some of you may recognise the pilots on there.

poncho

Post #13 by poncho » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 am

Heres another one, looks like Farmoore resevoir oxfordshire a job I was on before we moved to Ardingly resevoire in sussex.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by topkit » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I would be interestead to see any pictures of Ardingly Resevoir as i was fairly local to that and a mate of mine remembers the machines working there.

Return to “Scrapers”