Caterpillar DW21

Discuss scrapers here

DAJOCAT
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Caterpillar DW21

Post #21 by DAJOCAT » Sat May 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello Gerard Dewier , I have known this m.Wikes , a UK contractor who worked in Belgium . It was a father-son team . They had DW21's.
In 1965 I worked for a Dutch contractor in Gosselies , preparing the Cat area . I pushloaded their DW21's with a D8H . I don't remember these scrapers were equipped with your "electrics" . But I do know this system has existed . It was called SYNCHRO-TOUCH and was available as an option on the series G DW21 . There was a selector lever and on the transission there were solenoids that moved the shifter forks . Also the clutch was controlled by the system . In Holland was a contractor who had DW21's with this system so it was no privilege for the UK .
I try to send a picture . If you want more information I could scan the original spec sheet . The Netherlands , DAJOCAT

DAJOCAT
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Caterpillar DW21

Post #22 by DAJOCAT » Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello Gerard Dewier , I have known this m.Wikes , a UK contractor who worked in Belgium . It was a father-son team . They had DW21's.
In 1965 I worked for a Dutch contractor in Gosselies , preparing the Cat area . I pushloaded their DW21's with a D8H . I don't remember these scrapers were equipped with your "electrics" . But I do know this system has existed . It was called SYNCHRO-TOUCH and was available as an option on the series G DW21 . There was a selector lever and on the transission there were solenoids that moved the shifter forks . Also the clutch was controlled by the system . In Holland was a contractor who had DW21's with this system so it was no privilege for the UK .
I try to send a picture . If you want more information I could scan the original spec sheet . The Netherlands , DAJOCAT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Scrapers”