martyn williams

Re: Didcot Power Stations Finest Off For Scrap

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:41 pm

Nigel Farage is right :thumbup:
[video]http://youtu.be/2gm9q8uabTs[/video]

martyn williams

Post #12 by martyn williams » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Stuart is right,Didcot powerstation has to close because of EU emissions ruling.It needs millions of pounds of investment to so call "clean up",whilst China and other nations use old outdated power stations that chuck out out many more ppm's of crap than all of ours put together.We are forced to put up with telly tubby windmils that spoil our wonderfull hillsides. We have a wind farm on our hillside that are shut down in windy conditions :dizzy:
The whole problem goes back to the sell off of our utilities.The people were conned into thinking they were owners after taking up shares in these companies,most of these shares were cashed in, so the money people pull the strings and have us by the short and curlies. 33% of coal is now imported,North sea gas squandered and we are overun by EU directives that shackle us.On top of that we have around 10% of the UK population sponging off the state, one million of our youngsters cant get employment and the only thriving industry is MuckDonalds :dizzy: ,The banks have screwed us into the ground then demand a bailout,Our police force are dragged through the courts charged with corruption,our MP's are on the take. Cameron says "we are all in this together " he is a multi millionair.
And the person that has raised millions for charities turns out to be a serial child molester . :dizzy:
Its a mad world we live in.
Martyn

bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by bigkit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Ian Fletcher1970 wrote:Slightly off topic - but as well as being a plant enthusiast - I'm also an amateur beekeeper - there's an EU directive which now prohibits the re-use of honey jars - I found out because it also applies to Womens Institute groups who make jam and re-use old jars. Whats the carbon footprint in re-melting once used jars!! The EU needs outing!!!

Ian

I ask myself the same question when I go near the London LEZ. Surely there is more polution and carbon dumping generated making new lorries to replace the ones which polute a fraction of shit inside the LEZ zone which inturn only get exported to complete another lifetime of work overseas who's shit then carries in the jet stream straight back here!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: :?: :?:

Seems the system generates more new crap and polution trying to replacing cleaner older crap.................? :arrrrgh:

Jeremy Rowland

Post #14 by Jeremy Rowland » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Neversweat wrote:
jcb4cx wrote:best place for European directives are a place where the sun don't shine :thumbup:

Or burn them somewhere - Err :dizzy: - Didcot Power Station perhaps :D

I agree and as for the EU well perhaps the sooner the Euro goes down the pan the quicker the whole thing will collapse. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Jim M

Post #15 by Jim M » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Just throwing it out there, How about having Nigel Farage as PM . It sounds like he could sort some of this shit out because he certainly didn't pull any punches with that EU lot and telling them how it is. This EU membership is a load of old bollocks and the quicker we withdraw from it the better IMO, we'd certainly save a few quid rather than millions or billions a year just to be a member and all the other drivel that goes with it :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: :arrrrgh: . I think it's about time we stood up for our self and stop being ruled by Brussels and did things for our self. :backto:

Jim

bigkit

Post #16 by bigkit » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:31 pm

UKIP got my vote last time! :thumbup:

yellowiron

Post #17 by yellowiron » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:49 am

When Britain was great, we wasn't in the common market or EU

Jeremy Rowland

Post #18 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:42 pm

yellowiron wrote:When Britain was great, we wasn't in the common market or EU

Very true its sadly gone down hill very rapidly since we became part of the EU; all this crap about trade that will be lost if we leave :roll: yeah right just look around at all the trucks, cars and much more that are made in European countries; of course they will still trade with us they would have far too much to lose by not trading with us.

Jeremy

yellowiron

Post #19 by yellowiron » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Can't wait for the referendum in 2017 should be a blinder!
How Brussels can dictate to us that we must close all our coal fired power stations, when Germany has one of the biggest coal mining operations, to supply their domestic electricity industry, anywhere in Europe, is beyond me.

There is one person that I blame for the mess we are in today, and that is that F%c+ing Thatcher woman.
When it comes to the referendum I shall be queuing three days early.

Sorry bout that, shame the old scrapers went for scrap. :thumbdown:

XS650

Post #20 by XS650 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 am

Tend to stay clear of politics but are you saying Mrs Thatcher to blame for all the EU bollocks?
Thing that pees me off is every other EU country pursues ruthless self interest and ignores EU directives they don't like , why don't we?

Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Scrapers”