Discuss scrapers here

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Big Push

Post #1 by FOWLER MAN » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:55 pm

"THE BIG PUSH"
Big Push.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Dragon

Re: Big Push

Post #2 by Green Dragon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 am

Looks like a bit of blaggarding to me, the pusher drivers havin a bit O crack. :twisted: :claphands:

Topic author
FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #3 by FOWLER MAN » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 am

Green Dragon wrote:Looks like a bit of blaggarding to me, the pusher drivers havin a bit O crack. :twisted: :claphands:

Hi,
Down hill too, I reccon it's just for the photographer. :lol:
Fred

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by tctractors » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Good bit of fun but last 3 9's are fitted with outside push frames, my old slasher would have ripped their round bits off for that, still a great pic tho.

Big dig

Post #5 by Big dig » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm

be able to dog the box in :D

Deas Plant

Post #6 by Deas Plant » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi, TCTractors.
Int'restin' comment about removing the round bits and the reason therefore. I have done a bit of 'annoying of scraper operators' and have NEVER had a cushion dozer for the job. I, and MANY other operators that I knew, could pick up a standing or moving scraper just as fast if not faster with a standard semi-U blade as any cushion dozer operator might be able to do and NO BUMP.
You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

tctractors

Post #7 by tctractors » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:59 am

Deas, not doubting your knowledge on push Cats, but to help other people who read this thread I will explain my comment, the first D9 pushing the scraper is fitted with an inside framed push blade and rear push block, these have rubber cushons built into them, the push frame is mounted to the main chassis of the tractor, so is the push block, on the 3 other D9's the bigger blade is mounted via push beams mounted directly to the track frames sending load to the dead shaft within the final drive, these tractors should not be pushed in tandem as the stress is placed into the dead shaft , this results in F/Drive damage and bent dead shafts, so these tractors should not be fitted with a push block, if they are fitted with a push block they usualy have the option to swap out blades and have the inside push frame mounts fixed in place so the dropping off the Semi U or standard blade and mounting of the inside push blade is easily done in 4 hours or less, or in my case when everyone else has packed up and feeding their face and swilling Ale, the same rams and end caps off the push beams are used to mount the inside push blade.
Deas my old slasher would have veins in his neck like Hemeroids from shouting if the wrong D9 was in the front spot on double push loading, but its still a great pic :D ;)

chrisdee

Post #8 by chrisdee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi Tony
Thanks for the explanation. I hadn't realised that pushing a pushtractor that had a normal blade arrangement could cause damage but see whats going on now. I bet those D9 final drives don't come cheap either.
Deas, I think the round bits tctractors is referring to are not mounted on the tractor itself !!! ;-)

Cheers

modelman093

Post #9 by modelman093 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:47 pm

tctractors wrote:Deas, not doubting your knowledge on push Cats, but to help other people who read this thread I will explain my comment, the first D9 pushing the scraper is fitted with an inside framed push blade and rear push block, these have rubber cushons built into them, the push frame is mounted to the main chassis of the tractor, so is the push block, on the 3 other D9's the bigger blade is mounted via push beams mounted directly to the track frames sending load to the dead shaft within the final drive, these tractors should not be pushed in tandem as the stress is placed into the dead shaft , this results in F/Drive damage and bent dead shafts, so these tractors should not be fitted with a push block, if they are fitted with a push block they usualy have the option to swap out blades and have the inside push frame mounts fixed in place so the dropping off the Semi U or standard blade and mounting of the inside push blade is easily done in 4 hours or less, or in my case when everyone else has packed up and feeding their face and swilling Ale, the same rams and end caps off the push beams are used to mount the inside push blade.
Deas my old slasher would have veins in his neck like Hemeroids from shouting if the wrong D9 was in the front spot on double push loading, but its still a great pic :D ;)

Like this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nick lamb

Post #10 by nick lamb » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:40 pm

great pic fred :thumbup: .Iv'e pushed scrapers with 8S,9S,9C and briefly with a 10S whilst the driver went to the dentist.It brings to mind that we won't see this again in this country very often.Last time I pushed scrapers was in 2001 with a D9G using a 9C blade.I will try and scan some pics of that site over Christmas.

Return to “Scrapers”